Picked up a few new items!

351wcoupe

Feb 13, 2003
Manhattan, Kansas
A few of us went to All Ford Nationals at Carlisle, Pa. Here's what I managed to bring back.
Saturday I found a some paperwork to go with my SVO.I got an owners manual and an original Sales brochure, along with a postcard with an 86 SVO and a good write-up.

I found a pile of 2.3/351w &351C and big block parts that I wanted.
-I ended up with a merkur upper/lower intake set, w/ brown top injectors, fuel rail and wiring harness, throttlebody and sensor.
-Small block Ford Motorsports chrome valve covers. & 1977 351w heads(good heads, but no good to me) they did come with 1.6 roller rockers. :nice:
-I got the ford motorsports Conversion kit to put a frount mount intercooler on an 83-86 Turbocoupe including the intercooler. I'll have to figure out whether thats worth messing with. Also a Turbo valve cover that he through in. Everything here was $300.

I went back, got my truck and parked beside the pile of stuff I got and that guys friend pulled up looking to unload a trans. "package"
It was out of a 97 Cobra w/ 40k miles, T45 but it doesn't turn in 3rd, 4th, 5th, included the clutch/flywheel, shifter, aluminum driveshaft and 5lug axles for a disc 8.8 rear. I'm sure you're thinking the same price I was.......

But he told me he didn't have room for it on the truck Etc. $100.
I didn't question much. I verified the problem with the trans and loaded it up.

• Sponsors (?)

Man, looks like you made out pretty good. :nice:
Where was the guy with the orginal sales brochures? I was lookin for him but I guess I missed him.
I was actually up there looking for a cheap turbo car to buy, but there wasn't anything up there that really jumped out at me.

notched86 said:
Man, looks like you made out pretty good. :nice:
Where was the guy with the orginal sales brochures? I was lookin for him but I guess I missed him.
I was actually up there looking for a cheap turbo car to buy, but there wasn't anything up there that really jumped out at me.
He was on the far end by the fence.

You should have bought the $800 87-88 Turbocoupe w/ the hood. It wasn't in great shape but it was something.
OR
the other turbocoupe that was $14,000. w/ the aluminum head and parts to match. I was over there when he started it. kind of wild.

Yeah, I saw that turbo coupe, but it looked a little sketchy. We didn't have the trailor with us, so if I bought something I had to make sure it could make the trip home. Otherwise I might have bought it.

Yeah that turbocoupe was wild, but making payments on that SRT-4 every month, that's a little out of my price range right now. :p

351wcoupe said:
you have your "baby"
I have my family of cars. They all require a certain amount of attention each or they get all upset.
Well I actually still have my '86 coupe and the '89 hatch. I'm sellin them together for $800. (some old guy is interested, but I dunno how serious he is) '89 runs fine, just needs a battery. (PERFECT interior too) '86 of course has a blown headgasket and needs a little more attention. Gettin rid of em just to have some money to invest in a new project. (Merkur or Turbocoupe)

notched86 said:
Well I actually still have my '86 coupe and the '89 hatch. I'm sellin them together for $800. (some old guy is interested, but I dunno how serious he is) '89 runs fine, just needs a battery. (PERFECT interior too) '86 of course has a blown headgasket and needs a little more attention. Gettin rid of em just to have some money to invest in a new project. (Merkur or Turbocoupe)
wait....you should have said something about that to me.
How cheap will you sell the 86 for? its a 2.3 auto? white?

Yeah it's a 2.3 automatic. Carb'ed of course. I'll let it go for $300. Its pretty solid, and it mostly just needs some TLC. (It's been sitting behind the garage for 2 years, and hasn't been started. and the interior is disassemled, but I could put it back together if you want.) I just hate to see it back there with the weeds growing around it. It needs to be with someone who will actually use it for something.
Yeah it's white, and the exterior is in excellent shape for an '86. There is a quater sized rust spot on the hood and trunklid though. It also has brand new cooper cobra tires on it. (might be a little rotted from sitting outside so long, I haven't checked them)