Picked up the Vette yesterday...

• Sponsors (?)

and another one falls for the dark side! Glad to see you enjoying your new ride. :)

It seems like every 2V owner these days are upgrading to 03/04 Cobras or Vettes. In 5 years, a fast 2V will be quite rare, if isn't already lol

just a note on the vette and ride quality... thats one thing in that body that was a sticking point... must be good for long hauls. and it does deliver. i have ridden in a few and they are plush. kinda tempted to see if i cant retrofit some vette seats into the stang (if i keep it)

Torinalth

McTeague said:
Let's see a pic of the fabulous engine :nice:
I started a new thread. ;)

hotmustang331 said:
BTW I think im just going to buy a new Novi for my 66 later this year....i dont know if you got the PM I sent you a while back. I need alot of stuff, so its probably easier if I just buy it all at once. But please keep us updated on that stuff just incase.
Insurance covered it all, so if I wanted to salvage it, I would have to pay over 7k. Not worth it to me, considering I'd have to pay to store it while I paid someone to dismantle it.

HoustonGT said:
WTF. When and on what side of town did you wreck the stang?

I'll keep an eye out for the banana vette around town. :nice:
map1.jpg

blacknblue2002 said:
how does the speed of the Z06 compare to the s/c'd gt you used to drive?
Well, it's hard to explain the speed alone. The GT had a CRAPLOAD of power. But it didn't come on till late in the RPM band. The vette has loads of torque EVERYWHERE. I'll be in 5th at 40mph and floor it and it just GOES. Even on the freeway in 6th at 60. No need to downshift. The stang I always had to downshift (unless you have 4.10's, then you won't need to).

Does the vette have that high RPM OH CRAP factor like Sundance? No, but it's close. The vette is geared (tranny) so that it's just a relentless climb to higher speeds.

Thanks for the kind words folks. I really love this car.

Can't wait to go auto-xing with it.

Spreadman said:
Enjoy.

I'm currently in Jackson, MS in a Hampton Inn. Room is nice, and I parked the vette just outside my window. The ride is awesome, averaged 26mpg since it was mostly uphill through MS. Another thing I noticed is that when I was doing long trips in the stang, I was always ready to get to my destination. But the vette wasn't tiring at all. I could have gone on to New Orleans if I didn't have the room reserved already.

I like it. I like it a lot.

Is that MGW, as in the "mgw shifter" and all the billet stuff? Do you know the owner or something? I"ve ordered a lotta stuff from that store...

BigChiefSmokem said:
Is that MGW, as in the "mgw shifter" and all the billet stuff? Do you know the owner or something? I"ve ordered a lotta stuff from that store...
The one and the same. He's a great guy. Known him for a while.

1fast03pony - thanks for the referral. I'm holding off on doing anything drastic to it since it's a blast to drive as it sits.

1fast03pony said:
gorgeous car man, I love vettes.
If you ever want to take that thing to the next level, take a trip up here to NY (WELL worth it). We have one of the best vette tuners in the country. Go here and check it out:
http://www.thevettedoctors.com/

Carmen, Dennis, and Joey will take care of you. :nice:
Hell, no need to head up to NY for one of the best vette tuners around. We got the BEST one right here in Houston.....MTI :nice: