*PICS* - lowered on 18's (DUW maybe)

• Sponsors (?)

Hey guys, been waiting for this post for awhile.

Dan, just my .02 cents, but those wheels and springs made the car, LOOKS SINISTER! I guess I will have to move you up to my Top Five list of 94-95 stangnetter's cars.

Hate to break the news but those pics make me WANT MY WHEELS BACK! Will you meet me half way on the drive.

Dan, that is the first time I saw your engine bay, make me jealous. I wish I had done that to my cobra intake when I had it, makes it look like a million bucks! Also that strut brace looks even better than the ones you can buy (which I did), looks thicker and stronger too.

Want to make one for me?

95riosnake said:
Yep. It was pretty fun, ALOT of measuring involved though. When you start trying to make the bends clear the intake tube, allow removal of the oil cap, and have enough room to pull the dipstick out it gets a bit frustrating. It was very fulfilling to make it myself instead of paying somebody else to have a robot make one for me.
Dan, I agree with Rio that the STB is a nice looking piece. But from a fellow fabricator I just want to give you this piece of advice.

-If nobody makes what you need, fab it yourself.
-If somebody makes what you need, but you can't afford it, fab it.
-If somebody makes what you need and you can afford it, but are considering fab-ing it, figure out what it would cost you to make it (materials and time) and you may find it "cheaper" to buy.

On the last one, you may choose to disregard your time in the estimate if you're having fun doing it. Which will most likely make it cheaper for you to fab.

69clark said:
Hey guys, been waiting for this post for awhile.

Dan, just my .02 cents, but those wheels and springs made the car, LOOKS SINISTER! I guess I will have to move you up to my Top Five list of 94-95 stangnetter's cars.

Hate to break the news but those pics make me WANT MY WHEELS BACK! Will you meet me half way on the drive.

Sorry, but I'm hooked on them now, so not a chance lol :rolleyes:

69clark said:
Dan, that is the first time I saw your engine bay, make me jealous. I wish I had done that to my cobra intake when I had it, makes it look like a million bucks! Also that strut brace looks even better than the ones you can buy (which I did), looks thicker and stronger too.

Want to make one for me?

It's made of 1.25" seamless tubing, which I think is a tad bigger than most comapnies use (I think alot use 1"? not sure). Even though it was fun to make it, my problem would be finding the time to make another for you. The upside is, all the measurements would probably match up (dunno if that s/c would be in the way or not).

illwood said:
Dan, I agree with Rio that the STB is a nice looking piece. But from a fellow fabricator I just want to give you this piece of advice.

-If nobody makes what you need, fab it yourself.
-If somebody makes what you need, but you can't afford it, fab it.
-If somebody makes what you need and you can afford it, but are considering fab-ing it, figure out what it would cost you to make it (materials and time) and you may find it "cheaper" to buy.

On the last one, you may choose to disregard your time in the estimate if you're having fun doing it. Which will most likely make it cheaper for you to fab.

Yea I totally agree. Alot of times, I'll make something even if it would be easier to buy it, just so I can say I made it lol.

69clark said:
diablostang- Hell of a stable you have there! (or had) Too bad you still don't have all of them, you would be the blue oval GOD!

I enjoy my Fords :D

haha, unfortunately, I can't afford 5-6 cars at a time.. :p I currently just have the 89 LX S/Ced and a 94 GT w/ GT-40 block/heads etc. I'm using some 00' Cobra R body-parts on m 94 as you did withh yours. It's black tough. Nice car!

haha is this back from the dead threads night?

I'm sure most of the pics are gone by now so here are some to replace them. just to update, I cut a half coil off the front springs, and added Steeda C/C plates and Fox style KYB GR2 front struts since the initial install of the Pro-Kit.

IMG_0871.jpg

IMG_0876.jpg

IMG_0897.jpg

IMG_1082.jpg

IMG_1085.jpg

IMG_1091.jpg

IMG_1092.jpg