Pics of SVO project, some questions also

281pony

Aug 31, 2003
Oly, WA
hey, i made a post in the tech area a few days ago about this car. i said i would put some pics of it up, so heres an idea. ill get some complete car ones in a bit.

View attachment 506166 interior, see the dash area? it faded or got something spilt on it before. im thinking of getting a pad for it, or similar so it doesnt look so bad. im also pulling the seats and steamcleaning everything this week.

View attachment 506168 the paint is rough. it was neglected for about 8 years and rarely driven.

View attachment 506170

View attachment 506171

any idea's where to start with this besides paint obviously? im going to make it my daily driver. some small engine mods (exhaust, k&n) and maybe a decent stereo. i read about people spinning through first and second with next to no mods. i havent driven this car hard at all, but it shows NO ability to spin the tires whatsoever. engine rebuild may fit into this project.

let me know what you think. thanks for the input

• Sponsors (?)

i remember when my svo look so good but its got a big nasty dent in the qtr. panel under the qtr window.... btw i was wonder if its easier to cut it out and replace the section or just pull it out and fill over it... i'll post a pic

start with a tune up http://forced4.com/store.html#AM
that was about the best thing i could of done for mine, oh and by the way your dash looks just like mine cept mines not quite so bad, and i have that stupid rust around the windows too.
Edit- i also pulled all the intake stuff off and cleaned all of the tubing, the vam, and throttle body, there was a lot of sludge built up in that stuff, replaced the pcv valve, cleaned the iac, replaced the fuel filter and removed the cat. Hows that for a starter if u havent done that stuff allready.