**PICS/VIDS** of new RNH 331 setup COMPLETE!!!

• Sponsors (?)

CAMAROEATER01 said:
Blk91stang ...you gonna have LaRocca's Tune and dyno it?

I don't think so. LaRocca's has a new owner and the guy who did the tuning just got fired not too long ago so I don't know who these guys are. I have a LM-1 Wideband I plan on hooking up this weekend to check my A/F for the time being, and if its still safe, than i'll worry about it next spring.

310stanger said:
jus out of slight curiosity, how come such a small cam?

The heads I have don't flow much past .530 lift and it's a street car and wanted something that was driveable like the stock cam was with a little more rumble. This cam seems to accomplish all those goals and couldn't be happier with it for a street cam!!!

tunedin302 said:
No sarcasm, but thanks - I can't wait to get a motor from Rick and be in your power range someday. Congrats again and enjoy!

I was just joking with ya. Your car is one of the nicest I've seen, and the fact it's very similar to mine, made yours even more of a role model for mine! I'm just going for power but now i'm gonna concentrate more on the cosmetics for next summer. Maybe paint??:shrug:

Thats awesome! I hope to one day have rick build me a motor, rick dosent know me yet but in a few years he will :) haha prob not but itd be nice.

Are those sweet thunders?

hah. I will input his work is VERY professional and his knowledge of 302 motors is defiantly one of the best I've seen. I had some problems with head studs leaking coolant out the threads and the back of my intake leaking oil. He pinpointed both problems for me which were both direct cures.

Rick,

I been meaning to give you a call and let you know but kept forgetting that you were right about the oil leaking where the headgasket didnt reach the top surface of the block. Been a month and a half now and the bottom of my engine and tranny are BONE DRY!! :)

Blk91stang said:
hah. I will input his work is VERY professional and his knowledge of 302 motors is defiantly one of the best I've seen. I had some problems with head studs leaking coolant out the threads and the back of my intake leaking oil. He pinpointed both problems for me which were both direct cures.

I have discussed my future egine with Rick and he is a great and knowledgable guy. I am really looking forward to working with him in the near future. That time just can't come soon enough.

Rick has also helped me out with my head gasket problems earlier this year and i bought a set of cometic head gaskets from him. He is probably the the most knowledgable guy I talked to and when it comes time for a new motor he will be my first choice.

a885.0 said:
Rick has also helped me out with my head gasket problems earlier this year and i bought a set of cometic head gaskets from him. He is probably the the most knowledgable guy I talked to and when it comes time for a new motor he will be my first choice.

I agree, he is doing an awesome thing with building these motors on the side and saving people thousands less than having it done at a speed shop. I saved over $1,000 using him and pretty confident I got a better motor and better service from him when I have questions. I was a little nervous about sending a guy in east bumble***** a check for $2,000 but I wouldn't hesistate to do it again. (Sorry Rick, but I've never driven so long through cornfields before :rlaugh:)