Pictures from a ridiculously hick-ish car show in Odessa, Ontario

xr8d302

I bought a 27" monitor to compensate for my lack o
Apr 29, 2004
Medicine Hat, AB
So my girlfriend, 2 friends, and I decided to go to a car show today, and when we showed up, man, was it redneck! :canada: Anyway, got a few pics, and to the delight of some, the front and rear decals on my car are GONE...the sides will be gone soon as well...enjoy! :D

HPIM1489.jpg

HPIM1490.jpg

HPIM1504.jpg

HPIM1487.jpg

View attachment 512420
View attachment 512422
View attachment 512424
View attachment 512426

There's gonna be another one in the same place tomorrow, with apparently 200 or more cars, so I'll be there and hoping to win some prizes, I'll get alot more pictures

Attachments

• HPIM1489.jpg
    HPIM1489.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 69
  • HPIM1490.jpg
    HPIM1490.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 78
  • HPIM1504.jpg
    HPIM1504.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 84
  • HPIM1487.jpg
    HPIM1487.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 69
  • Sponsors (?)

No gals with mullets??? Come to an Atlanta area car show and you'll witness a few of those. :)

I'd prefer redneck too over a ricer crowd. Actually, I'd just prefer a bunch of folks who enjoy cars and/or stangs who are friendly and less arrogant. I like to talk to people, but more and more I find many folks less approachable. Oh well.....thank God for pics of car shows on the Internet.

Just went to a carshow today (south jersey) in vineland. 2 Shelby cobras with original 427s. Lots of 65/66 stangs millions of camaros/chevelles/novas.

Explain this one... It's a HOT ROD show NOT a CAR show. And people bring this...

05 Vette (2 of these)
05 Stang (3 of these)
98 WS6
Few ricers
Lightnings (about 15 of them with chrome rims :notnice: )

I can understand Fox stangs because they're gettin old and they ARE hot rods. Everytime I see em at shows they have nitrous lines everywhere mickeys or hoosiers outback and skinnies in the front. Thats what it's all about!
Sorry, had to vent on that one...

Anthony

It's hard to explain....me and my friend were one of about 15 guys that weren't over 70, old straw hats were abundant, the music wasn't even beachboys or anything oldies, but instead, it was patsy cline, and older music. 2 of the 5 outhouses were permanent structures, not just blue rockets. Mullets were in force, even more so at today's event, and there were even a few female mullets in attendance. All in all, it was fun, but just very redneckish, both days.

On the note about what kind of car show I'd rather attend, it would probably be a mix of all of it. I like oldies, i like new muscle, i can even tolerate imports if they're done properly (engine before cosmetics) Here's a couple of today's highlights

View attachment 512263
View attachment 512265
View attachment 512267
View attachment 512269
View attachment 512271
View attachment 512272

Attachments

• HPIM1528.jpg
    HPIM1528.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 65
  • HPIM1530.jpg
    HPIM1530.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 68
  • HPIM1556.jpg
    HPIM1556.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 70
Who else really wants a Plymouth Super B? Every time I see one I think they're cool as hell. Plus all the ricers will instantly get jealous because there is no way their wing can compete with that.

And it came from the factory with a 440.

pleasehelp said:
Oh God!! That thing is Hideous!! Why would anyone allow that in a show like that?!? :shrug: :notnice: :bs: :nonono: :nono: :fuss: :bang: :lock:

haha, for two quick seconds I was like "what the ****?"

Then I read down...whew..thanks

stprorolla - yeah, the rest are coming off as soon as i get some free time...I may leave the windshield one however, because I like the nice shaded area in my car :D

Black95GTS said:
Who else really wants a Plymouth Super B? Every time I see one I think they're cool as hell. Plus all the ricers will instantly get jealous because there is no way their wing can compete with that.

And it came from the factory with a 440.

I think you're confusing the Super Bee with the Super Bird. The wing car pictured is a Super Bird. They could be optioned with either the 426 or the 440 IIRC.

89MustangGX said:
I think you're confusing the Super Bee with the Super Bird. The wing car pictured is a Super Bird. They could be optioned with either the 426 or the 440 IIRC.

No I meant Bird. They came from the house with standard 4 barrell 440, for optional engines you could get the 440 six pack, but I think only a VERY rare number were actually made with the 426. Not sure on the exact numbers but I want to say its around 100ish.