Piggy backing a 91 computer with a 94?

stng94

Mar 24, 2004
St. Pete, FL
I heard from someone that you can piggy back a 91 computer to a 94 computer to increase tq. an HP. Something to do with the stock computer reducing timing under full accleration? I have no idea, someone just brought it up. He says that he is going to email me the article. :scratch: :scratch: Has anyone ever heard of this?

• Sponsors (?)

stng94 said:
I heard from someone that you can piggy back a 91 computer to a 94 computer to increase tq. an HP. Something to do with the stock computer reducing timing under full accleration? I have no idea, someone just brought it up. He says that he is going to email me the article. :scratch: :scratch: Has anyone ever heard of this?

I dunno how to do that but I know that 94-95 computers don't respond well to modifications.

So I have found out. I am just wondering if my computer is really hurting my performance with all the work I have done on my car. I have it running smoothly, just wondering if the computer is significantly hindering its performance? 5.0 GT Kid, My wife and I are moving to Largo on the 28th of july. HA! small world.

stng94 said:
So I have found out. I am just wondering if my computer is really hurting my performance with all the work I have done on my car. I have it running smoothly, just wondering if the computer is significantly hindering its performance? 5.0 GT Kid, My wife and I are moving to Largo on the 28th of july. HA! small world.

Wow that is a small world. I'm guessing you already have your house picked out? Me and a few friends are starting our own Mustang club down here, so keep in touch with me and you'll have some mustang buddies down here :nice:

Oh and if you don't mind my asking, where at in largo are you moving to? I'm on Indian Rocks Road just south of West Bay.

Oh and as far as the computer goes, I don't believe it's a issue once the computer "learns" the mods. It just takes longer I believe.

Steeda90GT said:
Now you guys got me thinking, could I use the computer from my 89 5.0 in my 94 blown 5.0? I would imagine that I would need some sort of harness... Pro-M?

I know there is a company that makes a conversion kit for that, I know because I've seen it discussed here. I dunno who or what it is, but if you run a search I'm sure it will come up.