Planning The Next Mods

Discussion in '1994 - 1995 Specific Tech' started by first stang owner, Oct 8, 2013.

1. first stang owner

first stang owner New Member

Hey everybody. So last year I bought myself a 95 mustang get with:
    Cai
    Gt40 heads, explorer upper and lower intake
    Proform aluminum 1.6 roller rockers
    Explorer throttle body (65mm)
    Shorty headers
    Bbk o/r x-pipe
    Flowmaster catback
    Smog and egr delete
    Ford racing 3.73 gears
    Hurst shifter ( car has a standard tranny)
    Ford racing valve covers
    Subframe connectors and suspension around the whole car.
    The only thing I've done since I bought it is a Bama sct-4 bank eliminator chip.
    Ive been to the drag strip and, using drag radials, my best is a 13.98@99 and I've been getting pretty consistent numbers right around 14.0.
    Now the question that haunts us all... how do I make her faster?? The need for speed strikes again haha.
    I've been thinking a cam or maybe some nitrous, 75 shot. For cams I've been looking at the steeda 19 cam since they don't affect drivability. And since winter is approaching it'd be a great time to tear the engine apart. But extra opinions are always helpful. I've got a $1000 max budget and I'd like to drop a few tenths off the 1/4 mile without loosing my drivability or butchering my mpg.... so the question is, what should i do next?
  2. 90lxwhite

90lxwhite Well-Known Member

Well.... With a thousand bucks I guess N2O2 would be the most "bang for buck" initally until you start refilling the bottle over and over. Do you have upgraded rear control arms they'd help w your launch and might shave a lil time off. I'm waiting for someone else to chime in bout the cam, I'm not sure how much time itd knock off w gt40's but it wouldn't be near the hp gain of a shot of nitrous. You could port your lower intake mani or have somone do it. tmoss porting does alot of e7 a d gt40 manifolds itll run you bout $200. Really a better set of heads or forced induction is what stangs are lacking to get em to run a "respectable" time. I'm not ragging on your ride I'm in your boat as well, maybe a tad slower
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
  3. madspeed

madspeed Colonel Mustard Mod Dude Founding Member

Somewhere on a hill in the PA wildnerness
    75 shot is baby stuff....
  4. madspeed

i say lose the bama chip, and pick up a big shot nitrous kit jetted for 150. Ass in a 255 lph fuel pump, and go knoc of some 11 second et's
  5. first stang owner

first stang owner New Member

I think this winter might be a car fresh up and just save some cash for bigger stuff next year. I think my best plan right now migh be driver practice. Or maybe a smaller soot of nitrous since is a daily driver in summer and can't afford a total motor or tranny build to handle a big shot
  6. jozsefsz

jozsefsz Active Member

That's a pretty smart plan. You can nickel-and-dime your way through $1k pretty easily and have added nothing but a little bling and a few tenths if you're lucky. If your long-term goal is speed, save up the funds to do something like H-C-I or forced induction which will really put a smile on your face and have you running respectably against the Coyotes.
    madspeed likes this.
  7. madspeed

Speed aint cheap! You can typically only have two of the following, you choose...

1. Cheap
    2. Fast
    3. Reliable
    chriskarel likes this.