Engine Please Help Gasket Issues

03Eastside

Active User
Sep 14, 2015
As a novice when you come across a problem you ask the pros for advice . I'm recently putting together a 347 block . Last night when I place the gasket (felpro1011 -2) on the block I notice that the oil return hole was a bit covers by the gasket . I place the gasket on the aluminum heads and they fit perfect . Is this normal on this blocks ? Thanks for the input !

• Sponsors (?)

As a novice when you come across a problem you ask the pros for advice . I'm recently putting together a 347 block . Last night when I place the gasket (felpro1011 -2) on the block I notice that the oil return hole was a bit covers by the gasket . I place the gasket on the aluminum heads and they fit perfect . Is this normal on this blocks ? Thanks for the input !
like this?
A0C709EA-3E44-47AB-99CE-65A6EC8A24B5.png

image.jpg
Yea I'm leaning as I go two lol it just like this pictures you send me . Is this normal ?

looks to be....i "think" they do that for a reason,prob to balance the pressure....but im a back yard mechanic so dont take my word for it....lol.....my oil pressure is great though and i have no issues anyway

Me neither, I just slapped em on and torqued the head down.... I have 55# of oil pressure hot idle.
That's Gus I'm go
looks to be....i "think" they do that for a reason,prob to balance the pressure....but im a back yard mechanic so dont take my word for it....lol.....my oil pressure is great though and i have no issues anyway

Thanks guys I was worried I had the wrong ones .

That's Gus I'm go

Thanks guys I was worried I had the wrong ones .
Whats the motor being used for ? Boost ? NA, Nitrous ? Do yourself a favor and get the 9333pt1 over that gasket either way .

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

Reactions: 1 user
Whats the motor being used for ? Boost ? NA, Nitrous ? Do yourself a favor and get the 9333pt1 over that gasket either way .

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate[/QUOTE

I just bought those for $40 each my friend told me the same thing two . Are they really that bad not going to run any turbo just some aluminum heads .

I just bought those for $40 each my friend told me the same thing two . Are they really that bad not going to run any turbo just some aluminum heads .
they worked fine when i was na,but look at my pic,caused me some head aches,from what i read and was told the 9333pt1's are better

Reactions: 1 user
Yea I'm going to end up taking the heads back off . One question my block is stroke out to a 347 , it's going into a bmw 323i . I wanted to know if it is required to purchased a high volume oil pump and a canton deep oil pan . My car is lowered not going to take it for the track or anything , but after spending so much money I'm concern , don't want to make the same mistake as with the gasket .

Yea I'm going to end up taking the heads back off . One question my block is stroke out to a 347 , it's going into a bmw 323i . I wanted to know if it is required to purchased a high volume oil pump and a canton deep oil pan . My car is lowered not going to take it for the track or anything , but after spending so much money I'm concern , don't want to make the same mistake as with the gasket .
This comes up a lot . My answer is this . It all depends how the engine was set up clearance wise . You can only put so much oil into the bearing clearances .

So unless the bearings are severely worn or have super loose tolerances what ends up happening is you try and cram so much extra oil into that space that it actually starves it vs giving it more . Unless the builder specifies - id run a standard volume melling with a hardened arp drive shaft . I have a 7qt canton on my 363 with a standard oil pump and have no issue

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
This comes up a lot . My answer is this . It all depends how the engine was set up clearance wise . You can only put so much oil into the bearing clearances .

So unless the bearings are severely worn or have super loose tolerances what ends up happening is you try and cram so much extra oil into that space that it actually starves it vs giving it more . Unless the builder specifies - id run a standard volume melling with a hardened arp drive shaft . I have a 7qt canton on my 363 with a standard oil pump and have no issue

It has new bearing , motor was complete rebuilt . So would I b ok if I don't use a high volume pump and pan?

It has new bearing , motor was complete rebuilt . So would I b ok if I don't use a high volume pump and pan?
You should be fine . Again unless the new clearances are spec'd for a high vol pump no need for it

Thanks . One last question if you don't mind , I have a set of heads 210 runners what size injector should I purchased ? I'm running holly systematic 2 intake com cam .579 . I believed I'll need to upgrade stock ones .