PLEASE HELP MY TACH!!!

HarleyFordFan

Jan 4, 2004
i just installed my autometer tach with memory recall and shiftlight. i bought it off this site used. i did not get any directions on programing it. right now it just keeps blinking the shiftlight at me at all times, at idle and redline just blinks non stop. how do i make it stop and how do i program it to light at the appropriate time? what rpm should i program it for? thanx and please help!!!!!

P.S. this has only 2 buttons on it. this thing so far has me :owned: you can email me at [email protected]

• Sponsors (?)

press the knob in and turn it to whatever rpm you want the light to come on at. Then you can check it with the other red button and you should see the tach fly up to the RPM the shift light is set at. Also what kinda vehicle did it come off of? 4 6 or 8 cylinder because there is a certain color harnes you use depending on the number of cylinders you have...basically it just sounds that you either havent set the shift light yet or you dont have it matched with the right harness....hope this helps..om me if you need some more