Polish and wax

the only reason there is orange peel on new cars is becuase they do not wetsand and buff the clearcoat from factory, when i do aftermarket paint jobs i allways blocksand the clearcoat down with 1200 -2000 grit sandpaper and use a cutting compound to buff out the scratches makes it look like a sheet of glass :). orange peel is not done on purpose it would just take too much time for the car companys to westsand and buff every car.

• Sponsors (?)

Not all companies have orange peel. Not all companies have to worry about "lesser" quality sheet metal. I've wetsanded plenty of paint and most of them come out good without having to go into color sanding and respraying clear. Many of the cars have not shown wavy panels so much but quite a few have shown some wavy panels, especially in the quarter panels.

I have had success with (in this order of application) Mcguires #2 (by hand) or 3M coupound with a high speed buffer, 3M perfectit 3000 finishing polish with the buffer and lastly a coat of Mcguires Tech wax 2.0.

The pic below was taken a couple of days ago with my phone. I will show you better pics when the weather gets better. By the way this car has 62,000 miles...

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 71