• Bush

Votes: 29 44.6%
  • Kerry

Votes: 25 38.5%
  • Moving to Canada/ Mexico

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
stock50LX said:
Let's address something we have some degree of control over, like cars. We have very similar 351 engines in each of our cars. Mine has Edelbrock heads and is still EFI (low compression, stock pistons, though). Have you taken yours to the track?

I haven't had it to the track since I did the aluminum heads, comp cams 280H, cobra rockers, headers and exhaust. I want to wait untill I get the Lentech and new convertor installed, get some better tires, and go through and replace all the susp. bushings (she gets a little wobbly at high speeds..lol). Before the mods and with a worn out set of 289 heads I ran it twice; 14.6 with a horrible 2.3 60' was the best I could manage. If I can hit anywhere in the 12's with my current set up I'll be satisfied, I'm really not sure what to expect.

• Sponsors (?)

TheRedBlur said:
you mean like how bush said that we will win the war on terror, then we cant win the war on terror, then we will win the war on terror?
I'd rather have a president that isn't afraid to own up and change his mind/game plan unlike bush who stubbornly continues to waste our money and resources on the wrong person.

But I voted for Mexicos so...

Kerry isng owning up or changing his mind, he's going along with what everyone wants that week. so who knows what he's really going to do. And we arent wasting money on the wrong person.

Frankenstang65 said:
I haven't had it to the track since I did the aluminum heads, comp cams 280H, cobra rockers, headers and exhaust. I want to wait untill I get the Lentech and new convertor installed, get some better tires, and go through and replace all the susp. bushings (she gets a little wobbly at high speeds..lol). Before the mods and with a worn out set of 289 heads I ran it twice; 14.6 with a horrible 2.3 60' was the best I could manage. If I can hit anywhere in the 12's with my current set up I'll be satisfied, I'm really not sure what to expect.

12's should be no trouble. Drag radials should get you there. I had a ported set 65 289 heads with bigger valves before I got the Edelbrocks. For me, the aluminium heads didn't make me much faster. The 289 heads were very effective (12.50's on DR's) Are you running stock, low compression, cast pistons like me?

stock50LX said:
12's should be no trouble. Drag radials should get you there. I had a ported set 65 289 heads with bigger valves before I got the Edelbrocks. For me, the aluminium heads didn't make me much faster. The 289 heads were very effective (12.50's on DR's) Are you running stock, low compression, cast pistons like me?

Yep the rotating assembly is stock as a rock. I noticed a big difference on my seat-o-the pants dyno when I went to the new heads, though I still think there is more there with some better tuning. The 289 heads with the small valves and small chambers were great at the bottom end, but I found myself spinnin' like mad when the torque was there, finally hooking, and then by that time I could already feel the motor starting to wheeze as the rpms climbed.

I'm happy to hear you say 12's are likely, that will tide me over 'till I secure the funding to do a bottle-fed forged 408. With all these cobra guys making 400+ rwhp BEFORE any serious mods, I'm startin' to feel a little underpowered :D