popped my drag racing cherry

90bronconate

Apr 24, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
went to the track last night for the first time. it was pretty fun. i guess i'm addicted now :D

best time was:

60 - 2.536
1/8 - 10.231
mph - 69.65
1/4 - 15.811
mph - 89.36

launching has quite a learning curve to it. it's way harder than it sounds, but i know, i know, i know.... get that 60' down.
i was on regular street tires (225's). and i was running them at 30 psi. i didn't bother to lower the pressure cuz it was just a learning experience. i guess i will next time, cuz i was spinning like crazy.

there weren't many fast cars there because firebird raceway is known to have horrible track prep, but there were some entertaining cars...
an electric dragster that ran 12.00, an 05 mustang gt with a procharger at 10#'s that ran 12.89(he had 20'' rims and he spun more than me), a civic with slicks and a big sticker that said "big balls racing" that did his burn out right in the middle of the water box and sprayed water everywhere and only ran a freaking 17.2! gees those things make me mad. and then there were the old camaros and el camino's that were running open headers and 13" wide slicks that only got mid 12's. but all in all it was fun. for those of you that haven't ever gone, just go. even if you're stock. you don't have to impress anyone and there's always a slower car :rlaugh:

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah I had so much fun the first time I went. Actually it was the only time I ran my car. I got a 15.2 at 92 with a 2.4 60' and lots of pinging, lol. But I didn't care, I just loved beating some slow cars and having a chance to finally let the car rip without worrying about cops.

LoL, I remember my very first drag run it was like a 12.5 in the 1/8th, it was sad. The very next run was a 10.2 then the next run was a 9.8. Now I run solid 9.6's with most everything stock and a 2.3 60' cus of 225 tires.