Ported Factory Heads or GT40's

twoloosescrews

Jan 25, 2010
Bowie, MD
Hey guys quick question, which would I guess flow better, more power?

Ported stock heads(they are already ported on the car now)

or
Unported Gt40's?(I'd have to buy these)

I've decided that for right now I would like to keep a tight budget since I only have $155 in to my GT40 Upper and Lower, B303 Cam, 24lbs Fuel Injectors, and 1.6 Crane Gold RR(if I use them, if I can)that are waiting in my garage to go on the car. Not counting what was already on the car when I bought it, bigger maf, 70mm tb, longtubes, h pipe, 2.5 mandral exhaust with flowmasters, C&L Air Meter, Tremec 3550, aluminum driveshaft, pro 5.0 ss, 5 lug swap, disc brakes off a 2000 gt and all the suspension work. I plan to switch to 3.73 gears very soon. If I add the stuff not on the car, would that be a pretty noticeable difference?

• Sponsors (?)

Where the E7's just ground on and hogged out or where they ported RIGHT, as in do they have larger valves, did the porter know what they were doing or did someone just gasket match grind them out? If the valves weren't changed then i'd probably put my money on the GT40s.

Home ported E7s, that you are taking the previous owners word? I know a few people who got cars with "ported heads" that ran slow. Ported by a pro, and the E7s will probably work a little better than some off the shelf GT40s. A little work into the 40s and the E7s have a hard time keeping up.

I'm just going to take the previos owners word for now until I get around $1200 together for some nice heads. I think doing the Gt40 upper and lower intake, 24lbs injectors, B303 cam and 3.73 gear will wake the car up and make it a fun driver for the summer. Whatcha think?

p.s anyone know if I can use these crane gold 1.6's on e7's?What do they add to a motor(I know this is a dumb questions but I'm still learning)

DSC_0107.jpg

if you go gt40 how much coin will you spend to get them ready to run/ compared to purchasing a set of tfs-tw w/ spring upgrade for under a grand? tfs51400004

valve job and resurfacing....225?
spring upgrade.............125?
heads..........................250?

700.00 is a close range to get going right unless you can shave somewhere but still if you are over 550-600 then get the trick flow heads and be miles ahead from the start..............imho