Portland area questions???

Thanks in advance... I recently purchased a new 2003 Cobra, live in Beaverton, and have a few questions.

What kind of service can I expect from the dealerships as far as maintenance/warranty work etc... are there any dealerships I should avoid?

Where are the local dynos, and also speed shops where I can buy CAI, exhaust etc?

Logan

• Sponsors (?)

Logan2003Cobra said:
Thanks in advance... I recently purchased a new 2003 Cobra, live in Beaverton, and have a few questions.

What kind of service can I expect from the dealerships as far as maintenance/warranty work etc... are there any dealerships I should avoid?

Where are the local dynos, and also speed shops where I can buy CAI, exhaust etc?

Logan

Welcome!!!!
I sent you a private message!!!

Misha

What kind of mods are you planning? What kind of performance do you want? Do you race street or strip? It all depends on what you want to do. If you want to keep your warranty very safe and minimize breakage, then stick with a catback and and cone air filter setup. This will bring your power level up to around 400 rwhp. There are different catbacks which produce different types of sounds. It depends on what you like. Catback and CAI will run you around $500 depending on what you choose. For another $500 you can step up to a pulley and pcm flasher like the Predator that I use. This is the basic performance upgrade for the 03 Cobras. It is harder to keep your warranty with these mods though... You will see about 440 rwhp with these 4 mods. If you run on the track, this will get you into the low 12's. With increased power, expect increased wear on drivetrain components like the halfshafts and transmission. Not to mention tires. If you want to go all out and have the cash then you can Kenne Bell, Whipplecharger, ported Eaton, or even add a little NO2. When you get to insane levels of power like this, you need to upgrade clutch, IRS, Transmission maybe, and would probably need different fuel pumps.

How fast do you wanna go? How much money do you wanna spend is the answer....

Logan2003Cobra said:

Logan
Hey welcome to beaverton ,will have to get together for coffee at starbucks/24hr with the stang crew.As far as service /warranty stuff damero ford has been good to me.

I am a fellow Beavertonian. I agree with the Vancouver Ford thing. They were completely worthless and not very accommadating. My wife and I bought a 2000 GT 'vert from there. When we went in to trade our old 2000 GT Coupe, they said I couldn't take my wheels and stereo from my car. Then, they tried to jack the price of the car way up and make me pay some god-awful down payment. I said ***** that!!! Then, it took 2 months just to get license plates. Also, they approved my loan, but then I got at least 10 letters in the mail from various banks rejecting my loan. All in all, it was a very bad experience and they seemed like they knew jack sh#t. Stay away!!! Keep the peace, -Dan.

Thanks for the replies... as for mods, all I'm planning on doing (for now) is to put in a shifter, x-pipe, and a CAI. I don't want aftermarket mufflers because I like the car nice and quiet (less attention from the Po-Po). If I did decide to go with a pulley, how small can I go before I'll need to get a new belt? Thanks again,

Logan

Logan2003Cobra said:
Thanks for the replies... as for mods, all I'm planning on doing (for now) is to put in a shifter, x-pipe, and a CAI. I don't want aftermarket mufflers because I like the car nice and quiet (less attention from the Po-Po). If I did decide to go with a pulley, how small can I go before I'll need to get a new belt? Thanks again,

Logan
Hmmmm an X pipe with the stock catback. I wonder how quiet that will be because I've heard them with aftermarket catbacks and they are very loud with an off road X pipe. But, the stock catback is very effective so that would be an interesting combo. Shifter was my first mod, I went with the Pro 5.0 and used the stock handle cause I have short arms. Many designs are good so its personal preference there. CAI, two different schols of thought there so its kind of like arguing politics.... Choose whatever you feel you like best. The pulley is more of a factual situation. If you get a tensioner idler pulley, then you can use your stock belt down to about a 2.93. If you want to run the stock lok with pulley guard then 3.2 or 3.0 is probably the smallest you want to go. Otherwise you will get belt slip in high rpm range. It will still work just not as efficient. If you are serious about a pulley, I got a long story of my experiences in the search for the right pulley that you may want to consider. Basically, I'd recommend an tensioner idler setup with a normal grooved pulley. I think only Billetflow makes a proper non slip design.
Sounds like you got a good plan going to get a little more power while keeping the costs down. If you are really on the cheap, look on the boards and Ebay for used parts. I've also got a drop in KN filter barely used and a 2.93 pulley for sale but the pulley comes poorly designed in my opinion.... Like I said, a long story. Good luck.

Logan2003Cobra said:

Logan

We met at PIR last Friday. I have the black '03 Cobra. We BS'ed for awhile.

Too bad we didn't get to run.

Keith

What's up Keith. I'm actually glad we didn't run, my first run of 13.2 @ 106.7 was my best of the night (you'd have killed me). I'm gonna install a shifter, CAI and an x-pipe (in the next week or 2) before I head back to the track... but let me know next time you go. Take it easy,

Logan

Logan2003Cobra said:
What's up Keith. I'm actually glad we didn't run, my first run of 13.2 @ 106.7 was my best of the night (you'd have killed me). I'm gonna install a shifter, CAI and an x-pipe (in the next week or 2) before I head back to the track... but let me know next time you go. Take it easy,

Logan

Cool, I'll let you know. PIR is closed for Late Night Drags this weekend and next.

There is another Cobra who owes me a race. But he's been puttin' me off. I think it was so he could buy time to get his new pulley installed :D