Possible Computer Issues???

stangman98

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2002
Chattanooga, TN
So this is what is happening...
Try to turn the car over and you have to stay on the gas to even get it to idle. It backfires and pops like there is no tomorrow. It is getting about 40PSI for fuel so no issues there. It smells pig rich.
Now, we have already checked the MAF and Crank Sensor and those are both fine Everything is leading us to the computer.
Has anyone suffered these issues or something like it? I have to get the car done by next tues to leave for WFC and need all the advice/help I can get.
If I can't get it taken caren of, that's another year not being able to fun Mod Motor at WFC

• Sponsors (?)

No check engine light? Any vacuum leaks before the throttlebody? i.e. If you have a cold air intake are all of your rubber lines tight? Any false air getting in after the mass airflow? All of that will cause the car not to run without your foot on the gas, and the computer will just give you more fuel to compensate. Ran into that problem and it was a stupid PCV valve hose leaking in "false" air. Give all of your vaccum lines a squeeze while the engine is running (with another person in the car keeping it running), and see if any (one by one) of the lines squeezed make any difference in idle and/or rich smell. Good Luck!