possible reaons for bad gas mileage

• Sponsors (?)

I had a bad fuel problem, was losing some low end HP, so I took mine in for some suggestions. Turns out I had a bad torque converter, after it was replaced with some ancillary work I'm back up to getting around 18-19 in all city driving, highway is at 23-24. The two months before I had the work done I was down to 14mpg in the city. :(

Also, the guy mentioned that over the last 6 weeks he's had about 80% of the people that come in tell him they've lost fuel mileage. He said he'd put money on the fact that we're getting more watered down gas these days....and on another note Exxon reported last Friday that they're earnings were higher for any other 3 month period in company history, which also translated into the highest 3 month earning period for any company in the world, ever!! :fuss:

No, mine didn't slip at all, I thought I had a fuel pump problem as I had heard that was reported with 2001's, but my pressure, etc. was fine. The only thing I noticed was the engine bogging down on somewhat-quick stops, the RPM's would drop to 400-500 before the engine would rev to kick it back up to idle. Does his do this at all??

About the watered gas,i wouldnt be surprised. I just changed my fuel filter and on the in line from the pump to the filter it came out orangeish red, but that couldve been cuz of katrina, im not sure but yea, i emptied the tank filled it, and then put in 2 bottiles of Iso-Heet water remover and gas antifreeze, :nice: . Cars running a lot better than before,(also used Redline fuel system cleaner) That water remover stuff is only 1.28 a bottle minus my %20 :) but yea its worth the money to make sure theres no water in the fuel. I dont understand how you guys get such low mileage I get 21-23 city 30-32 highway.

2004 v6 poor gas mileage also

I have a new 2004 v6 5 speed(7000 miles). I do not drive this car hard. I have added a K&N FIPK and Magnaflow dual catbacks. (they are supposed to IMPROVE mileage) The mileage around town is 12-15! Dealer replaced MAS sensor under warranty and no change.