Power Specs On An 85 5.0

Yeah im pretty new when it comes to mustangs i found an 85 four eyed freak for
1200 dollars an its in ok condition alls it needs is a bath an new weather stripping bad but i dont know what kind of power it has b/c its the 5.0 HO EFI an ford used some CFI fuel injection bull**** IDK but if you guys would help me out here i would greatly appreciate it :(

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah im pretty new when it comes to mustangs i found an 85 four eyed freak for
1200 dollars an its in ok condition alls it needs is a bath an new weather stripping bad but i dont know what kind of power it has b/c its the 5.0 HO EFI an ford used some CFI fuel injection bull**** IDK but if you guys would help me out here i would greatly appreciate it :(

Yeah buddy no prob-

I believe the auto 85 came with CFI and I know the sticks came with a carb- so if that car has an efi motor in it it is not original.

Also, if it has a 3rd brake light in it then it's an 86 (which is identical) that did come with efi

Are you trying to figure out what year it is by the engine? :scratch:

According to the statistics the '85s (the 5 speed/4V carb versions that is) were down 10hp from the '87+ engines, but there's a billion things you can do for almost free that can easily make up for that.

i do belive its a hatch maybe idk much about these year stangs but yeah everyone tells me these make good project cars and ive always wanted a stang
sooo i found this one

It may not be very quick but it can be made to be quick, and, 85 - 86 are both "one off" years. I miss my 86 everyday. Definately unique and you don't see many anymore :nice:

Just don't go putting a newer model front nose on it :bang: