Powered by Ford emblems

IMG_2536.jpg

:)

• Sponsors (?)

emblem

has anyone looked to see if Scott Drake is making them?......since it does not say Shelby I would think Ford owns the lic and anyone can buy.......

Drake does a lot of that stuff......but need to find out who makes them and who they sell too....price will prob come down after a while.

According to my research over several weeks, Shelby isn't selling them to anyone. You must have a Shelby VIN and a reason why you need a new set; IE a police report.

Where:
There are a few sets out there, I estimate ~100 sets (nation wide) were sold before Shelby stopped open production. You can find them online if you look hard, but expect to pay $200-300 for a set! It's difficult for me to spend that much for two pieces of painted plastic.

Why:
So, you are probably wondering why Shelby would do this- as the Powered By Ford emblem could be used by any Mustang? Simple- to cut down on clones. This is the same reason why the Shelby hood scoop is also hard to find.

Alternatives:

1) The prototypes and very early Shelby GT models actually used the factory GT emblem. You could just use this one as a viable solution.
2) Scott Drake, under licensing from Shelby, still makes and sells the Powered By Ford emblem used by the Shelby Cobra models (from the 1960s). It isn't exactly the same, but it is the same design. You could use this one if you like the old school look more.

100846.jpg

Old Style Powered By Ford Emblem- Shelby Performance Parts LLC.