Practical upgrades for 02 GT?

jtsblkstang

Mar 20, 2004
Los Angeles
I have an 02 gt obviously. Im wanting to mod it and upgrade some things on it, but i dont want to over do it. What i mean is i dont want to spend so much money that i would have been better off just buying a saleen or cobra. id like thoughts about what are good upgrades to do to keep with in those limits. right now im basically stock i have flowmaster weld ins and clear fog lights lol..

also would it be rice to put a saleen body kit on?

thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Pullies are not worth the risk and here is just one example of whatcan happen:

4.6L 4V Pulley Instructions
Some 1996-2001 Mustang owners, for engine performance purposes, are adding a special front drive pulley kit to reduce front accessory drive speeds. When removing and replacing the crank pulley, if the large bolt used to hold the crank pulley undertorqued, the keyway will shear and cause major engine damage. The resulting engine damage is not warrantable. If the crankshaft pulley bolt is removed it should be replaced as it is a torque to yield bolt. The installation of the crankshaft pulley requires that a specific torque operation be adhered to. The crankshaft pulley bolt must be installed using these 4 steps: 1) Torque to 75 lbs/ft 2) Back out one turn 3) torque to 45 lb?ft 4) continue to tighten and additional 90 degrees.

Kilgore Trout said:
Pullies are not worth the risk and here is just one example of whatcan happen:

4.6L 4V Pulley Instructions
Some 1996-2001 Mustang owners, for engine performance purposes, are adding a special front drive pulley kit to reduce front accessory drive speeds. When removing and replacing the crank pulley, if the large bolt used to hold the crank pulley undertorqued, the keyway will shear and cause major engine damage. The resulting engine damage is not warrantable. If the crankshaft pulley bolt is removed it should be replaced as it is a torque to yield bolt. The installation of the crankshaft pulley requires that a specific torque operation be adhered to. The crankshaft pulley bolt must be installed using these 4 steps: 1) Torque to 75 lbs/ft 2) Back out one turn 3) torque to 45 lb?ft 4) continue to tighten and additional 90 degrees.

So follow the directions and make sure you do it right, like I said everybody here has them and I have never seen anyone with trouble from them. Everybody has their own opinions, and it seems a handfull of you guys dont like them, this just come as a little supprise to me because I was under the impression most every stang had pulleys, its cheap hp

I would never put pullies on my car, that is all I am saying. Its all good :nice:

Good quality pullies installed properly should not be a problem but I will never find out personally...

Some say Bullitts had pullies from the factory :flag:

From the great Bullitt Archive :hail2:

Q: One of my buddies said that the Bullitt has under drive pullies on it and another said no???
A: They are both right, the stock Bullitt has underdrive accessories but the crank pulley is the same.

Ya at least you want to get shortshifter. Makes big diffrence. Subframe connecter, mid pipe and real exhaust. Prochamber and Magnaflow will give your car little athority.

I say no to pully too. I hear more horror story about them then their benefit.
I would like to, however, add pully, not underdrive pully, but stock size pully that is chrome plated, so it doesn't look too rusty, as most of them are. Thats my only opinion about pully

Get mach1 grill delete, and Mach1 chin spoiler. and may be different spoiler. and lower it to back up the grill and spoiler. U'll be very happy with way it'll look