Prayer request.

5.0_GT_kid

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Apr 18, 2004
Largo, Florida
I know that usually these threads revolve around losing family members or illness, but this one is a little bit different.

I just recently lost my girlfriend of almost 4 years. To spare the details, she was a wonderful loving girlfriend who treated me great and I neglected to give her the attention and love she deserved. Now that I don't have her anymore, I see just how special she was to me.

I'm trying to save the relationship, but it's not going well at all. She is back in NJ for summer vacation and she will be back in Florida in August. I've told her that if she lets me see her when she gets to Florida, I'll let my actions speak louder than words about what she means to me, but she may not let me have that chance.

You guys have always had my back when it came to things like this, so if it's not too much to ask, maybe you could send some prayers asking that I get a chance to save my relationship.

Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

Bro if she really means that much to you, go after her. If you have the money I would say go str8 to her. That will show her you really are willing to go to the ends for her. But man I wish the best for you and hope it all works out. Good luck you have my best:nice:

Hope things work out for you man. On the other hand, if she decided to split maybe she's the one who didn't give it her all.

She did. She moved away from her family and friends (which was a big deal for her, she's shy and doesn't make friends easy) and I just treated her like an everyday chick.

I know relationships are 50/50, but this one was really all my fault.

that is very common, you never realize what you've got till it's gone.

people whose parents have a pool in their back yard never go swimming.

my wife took me for granted for years. then a good friend of hers had a husband who left because of the way she treated him. now my wife actually listens to what i say to her and is much nicer to me because she is afraid that if she doesn't, i will leave her.

if she means that much to you, move to nj for the summer and show her that you mean it.

Moving to NJ *to me* is not the answer unless you feel she is the one. I damn sure wouldn't have moved if knew/felt mine wasn't the one. Shower her with little gifts that one you now she would appreciate. Write her a letter saying how dumb you were for neglecting her :D. If she'll still talk to you ask her to have lunch with you at a nice place just to talk.

Use this as a learning experience and re-evaluate yourself. Now you see things about yourself that you don't like, so try and fix them so the next girl you meet will benefit from them.

I was in a similar situation and this is what I did/am doing. I'm learning to be nicer, more patient, and learning its not always all about me.

Raging violent angry heavy metal music works wonders too, as does joining a gym ;)