Predator Tunes....

Aug 19, 2004
Are tunes all they are cracked up to be ....and if so, are they worth the warranty hassle?? I ordered mine @ 1 month ago....took @ 2 weeks to get and then it went dead during the install...sent it to Diablosport and it's been at least 1.5 weeks....they keep telling me it will ship tomorrow. :bang: I don't even miss it and I'm starting to second guess my decision to get it as everyone says it will void the warranty...even though my service guy says you can't detect it.

What do you guys think??????

• Sponsors (?)

UM,

You seem like you know your way around computers etc.....how can I transfer digital pictures to a site like Stangnet and get them to appear full size?? My IT guy says this site won't accept anything larger than @ 72 kb??

Any help is appreciated!

1268melberger said:
UM,

You seem like you know your way around computers etc.....how can I transfer digital pictures to a site like Stangnet and get them to appear full size?? My IT guy says this site won't accept anything larger than @ 72 kb??

Any help is appreciated!

Well your IT guy is pretty much right, as far as upload limits I believe the maximum for a jpeg is 78Kb, not 72 kb.

I'm not quite sure what your really asking here. Do you want to be able to post a picture of your car or something? Like within a post you make here on Stangnet? You'll need to resize or compress your picture so it meets the file size limitations before you upload it to the Stangnet server. If you need any specific help feel free to PM me.

U.M.

2K1GtfromSC said:
Custom tune all the way, Do the pulley...... my car is sooooooo much fun to drive with the pulley. If you don't get the pulley I'd still get the tune. It should get you a nice flat A/F and the most power.
I'm going to skip the pulley for now......1-2 yrs. down the road and I'll probably be bored and do it. :rolleyes:

Uncle Meat said:
Well your IT guy is pretty much right, as far as upload limits I believe the maximum for a jpeg is 78Kb, not 72 kb.

I'm not quite sure what your really asking here. Do you want to be able to post a picture of your car or something? Like within a post you make here on Stangnet? You'll need to resize or compress your picture so it meets the file size limitations before you upload it to the Stangnet server. If you need any specific help feel free to PM me.

U.M.
Yeah, exactly.......do I need a certain software to accomplish the compression??

I give you adresse and phone# of the dealer Ford in Montreal Canada... Maybe they can help you more, because they sale and install Diablosport! Good luck...

Chomedey Ford
2455 Boul. Cure-Labelle
Ville De Laval, QC H7T 1R3
Tél. : (450) 688-9200
Téléc. : (450) 682-0971
Situé à 5 km de Montréal

I've heard it from 2 different US dealers that a custom tune OR/AND pulley will void your warranty for any affected parts (i.e. engine). You do this at your own risk.

The Predator's ability to re-flash will make it undetectable for most warranty repairs. BUT, if you completely blew your engine and the repair costs start creeping into the $$thousands, you can bet a trained SVT guy will be checking your computer for any sign of tampering.

That disclaimer aside, a proper tune will only make your cur run better, and I have yet to hear of someone adding a pulley and blowing their engine.

Jpjr said:
I've heard it from 2 different US dealers that a custom tune OR/AND pulley will void your warranty for any affected parts (i.e. engine). You do this at your own risk.

The Predator's ability to re-flash will make it undetectable for most warranty repairs. BUT, if you completely blew your engine and the repair costs start creeping into the $$thousands, you can bet a trained SVT guy will be checking your computer for any sign of tampering.

That disclaimer aside, a proper tune will only make your cur run better, and I have yet to hear of someone adding a pulley and blowing their engine.

Yes you are right. A pulley will void the warranty in a heartbeat. As for tampering with the ECM... They will pull the ECM and look for a chip, or signs that a chip had been installed (the electrical contacts will be scraped bare). I highly doubt they will send the ECM off to some computer lab and disect it in an effort to see if it was flashed back to stock from a modified state.

U.M.

CarrollShelby said:
I give you adresse and phone# of the dealer Ford in Montreal Canada... Maybe they can help you more, because they sale and install Diablosport! Good luck...

Chomedey Ford
2455 Boul. Cure-Labelle
Ville De Laval, QC H7T 1R3
Tél. : (450) 688-9200
Téléc. : (450) 682-0971
Situé à 5 km de Montréal

They sell Predator at the dealership :rolleyes: ....I would assume they only sell aftermarket items that wouldn't void the warranty. Interesting.........thanks!