PRICE MY CAR PLEASE!!!!

Opinions needed and appriciated! Thinking about selling...How much should i ask for my stang???

1995 Mustang Gt
Black 5 Speed 78,XXX km's

Saleen Body Kit + spoiler+ cowl hood
Eagle 17X8 Wheels + 80% Tread Left
Underdrive Pulleys
Ford Racing C Springs + Tokico Shocks n Struts
BBK CAI, Full Exhaust Headers back to flowmasters
Wheel Spacers on the rear, Brand new radiator, fuel pump, wires/plugs/all maintaince stuff...etc.
Steeda Front Sway Bar, tri-ax shifter, white faced gauges, new alternator/ battery, 3.73 gears, tint, new brake pads, windshield, body is in great shape car has been babied, never winter driven, motor is stock, no burning of oil, all maintance done on time. this car truly runs great.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

• Sponsors (?)

longfellowdeeds said:
Opinions needed and appriciated! Thinking about selling...How much should i ask for my stang???

1995 Mustang Gt
Black 5 Speed 78,XXX km's

Saleen Body Kit + spoiler+ cowl hood
Eagle 17X8 Wheels + 80% Tread Left
Underdrive Pulleys
Ford Racing C Springs + Tokico Shocks n Struts
BBK CAI, Full Exhaust Headers back to flowmasters
Wheel Spacers on the rear, Brand new radiator, fuel pump, wires/plugs/all maintaince stuff...etc.
Steeda Front Sway Bar, tri-ax shifter, white faced gauges, new alternator/ battery, 3.73 gears, tint, new brake pads, windshield, body is in great shape car has been babied, never winter driven, motor is stock, no burning of oil, all maintance done on time. this car truly runs great.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Hate to tell you this but your add on's are only worth $$$ to you, somebody buying your car will look at the average price index in the blue book and go by it. Unless you find a car guy who knows what he's looking at.

mustang6tee8 said:
6,000??? c'mon guys. to give you a comparison, i bought my 95 GT that had 78k, stock 5 speed, every option, great condition- for 6,500. with all the parts you listed, as a car guy, i'd say 8,000- 9,000
you cant be serious.....the national average based on edmunds and kelley blue book is $5000 OR LESS for a private party sale. look for yourself if you dont believe it. mods do not add actual value. that is just a fact of having a project car and wanting to sell it. let me give you my example.....i sold my 94 gt 2 years ago for $6500. it was a 94 gt, 65500 miles, leather, mach460, keyless entry, no accidents.....

the parts:

gt40 tubular intake (ported lower), gt40x heads (aftermarket valves and springs), bbk 70mm t/b, pro-m 77m maf, scorpion rockers, tweecer r/t, zex 100hp nitrous kit, 24lb injectors, kirban fpr, fidanza flywheel, king cobra clutch, steeda tri-ax, eibach sportlines, oem 95 cobra r's, bbk ceramic shorties, bbk o/r h-pipe, flowmaster catback, romac balancer, frpp aluminum drivewshaft, etc.....

there were quite a few other things but those were the major things.

i bought the car back a year later with about 1000 more miles on it for $5000. the second owner added a vortech s-trim, 17x9 & 17x10.5 03 cobra wheels, kyb shocks, wideband o2, painted the hood, added 42lb injectors, and replaced the clutch. the only thing removed was the nitrous kit and the only thing wrong with it was a bit of ring wear that caused a minor amount of blow by. basically i paid $1500 less for the car than i sold it for with $3500 extra in mods. the whole point of my post is that in order for mods to add value you need to find a buyer in the market for an modded car that is willing to pay extra beyond book value. without any major work done to his car aside from the saleen body parts, he is going to have a really tough time making the sale for more than $5000-$6000 or so. the only thing he has going in his favor is that the car has less than 50000 miles on it. good luck with the sale longfellowdeeds, and let us know what happens.

Green is right your not going to get near 8g's for an 11yr old mustang. Hell I bought mine from a dealer lot for 6gs with 80,000 bone stock (minus flows), the silencer was still attached. Longfellowdeeds if you want top dollar for your ride I highly suggest you find a pro detailer to go through the entire car. A detailer worth anything is going to charge for a full detail about $200+. Well worth the fact to you will get people very intrested in a super clean stang. A great looking exterior/interior/motor is what gets people all the time. Give them no reason to say "well this needs to be replaced, ect, ect, can you go down on the price?". If they have no bargaining chips (defects) *you* hold a hand of aces ;) good luck and 6,500 for a mint low mileage stang would be easy to get.

I gave 4500 for my 94gt 5spd almost 2 years ago had 78xxxx miles on it. I really wouldnt pay anymore than 5500 for your car but what people are asking for these things are outrageous and people actually pay it so you may as well ask somthing outrageous for it you never who will buy it, theres a sucker born every minute, you can always come down too.

As others said mods to your car do not increase value. If anything they take away sometimes, people dont know if they were installed correctly. Expect to ask privete party value for it from KBB, unless you come across someone that really wants just your car... Good luck

If the car is 100% rust free, the paint/body and interior is in almost perfect condition, tires still pretty new and in good mechanic condition, it would be worth around $6000 in AZ. Just depends on who is buying. I passed up a lot of 94-95's when I was buying just becuase they weren't stock and I didn't trust the owners. I settled for mine at a premium becuase it was mint and even had the plastic wire cover left on the distributor and front air deflectors on the bumper.

I paid $4000 for mine (See description in sig.) with every thing already done. It had less miles than yours and the body is perfect. I didn't have to "search" for it either. I came accross some money , looked on a couple of sites and bought it with in 72hrs of looking. Oh, I did have to replace the AODE trans. ($700)
Here's a pic:
95gtview.jpg

Attachments

• 95gtview.jpg
    95gtview.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 50