Pro M Optimizer users, come in...

IndyBlk5.0

Nov 24, 2003
New Whiteland, IN
I got this nice little toy for my car about a week ago. And finally got the courage to hook it up. The problem I am having is I am running lean at idle and cruise, and a tad rich up top.... I am running 24 lb injectors with a 75mm meter calibrated for 24 pound injectors. Now, What settings should I have to correct my lean down low, and keep about the same up top? I'm confused on how it works. Please explain in lamens terms!!
jason_af_ratio2.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Also, for this to work correctly... When tuning on the dyno, was the fuel pressure ever messed with? Or only the settings on the Optimizer? If fuel pressure is changed I will have to take it to a facity with a dyno to dyno tune it.

To set the idle a/f with the optomizer hook up a volt meter and look for .6-.7 volts or until the car idles smooth.

As for setting the WOT dial, start at 1 and then lean it out a touch. Or start a little less than 1.

That or the track would be the only true way to tell. When I was using it with a 24# maf and 30lb injectors I gained like 4mph just by turning the dial to more rich. Putting it on 1 should keep your a/f as is. I recommend the track or dyno.

That doesnt mean its lean.

Put a volt meter on it like I said. The optomizer should have port on it for the meter to hook up to unless you have the old one. If not, probe pins c&d on the maf harness. Look for .6-.7 volts at idle.