Programing A Ford Key

• Sponsors (?)

VENOMOUSCOBRA said:
THANKS FOR THE HELP...
BUT DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO PROGRAM A KEY-LESS ENTRY TRANSMITTER . THANKS :stupid:
Turn the key from off to run (do not start the car) 8 times in 10 seconds until the door locks open and close, then press any button on the keyless entry transmitter...the locks will cycle once more which means the transmitter is programmed. then turn the key to OFF to exit program mode...

if your programming a KEY and not a transmitter,you might have to use the NGS(Ford Test tool).I was ford tech a while back and the was the way we USED to do it.There were certain years that if you had 1 good key,you put in the ignition and turn to run then off,put in 2nd key and do the same.BUT CONFIRM this first,if not,sometimes it deprogramms the other key.

So I Went Out And Bought A Key. $7.00 I Tried To Program It And Failed. I Found A Lock Smith That Would Program It For $30. Same Guy That Sold Me The Key. He Then Explained That That Would Work For Ay Car Older Than A 98 B/c The Anti Theft Was Diffrent.
One Of My Buddies With A 96 Gt Ordered The Key B/c The L.s Did Not Have One Avalible. I Will Let Yu Guys Know How The Programing Went On His Car.

P.S WHAT iskwezm SAID IS TRUE I DE-PROGRAMED MY ORIGNAL KEY. BUT WAS ABLE TO RE-PROGRAM IT BY USING THE SAME METHOD. :damnit:

I need to do this my daughter has a 2001 V6, and has one key, need to buy a key (best place for locksmith/key place?) and try this.

Local Dealer told me. so busy last Sat no way to work me in, and said bring monday it takes like one hr to handle the programming.

I did not ask the cost but figured would be 100 or so.

So I get a key for $7 and do myself in 2 mins. I like that. I printed the instructions listed above and seems simple. Just need to reset original key since it gets wiped out.

John