Progress Pics on my 88 LX ttop car!!

MAC'n89Blckstng

Jun 11, 2003
NJ
I finally was able to bring my car into the shop to start workin on it. I'm starting by doing the engine bay first. I've ALWAYS wanted to shave my engine bay but as most of you know its alot of work and means the car cant have a motor in it lol. Now that I have a DD and am out of school I can finally do everything I've wanted to do. Here are the pics of the work I was able to get done in 4 1/2 hours this morning. I'm real happy with how its going so far. Lemme know what you guys think!

Here's what I started off with. Swiss cheesed to all hell.

CheeseBay3.jpg

CheeseBay5.jpg

CheeseBay1.jpg

CheeseBay4.jpg

CheeseBay2.jpg

CheeseBay7.jpg

CheeseBay6.jpg

CheeseBay8.jpg

CheeseBay9.jpg

CheeseBay10.jpg

CheeseBay11.jpg

I still have to fill the oval hole on the rad support, the stock airbox intake hole (the big oval one), and box the frame rail in. I think one more saturday of welding and the metal work should be done. I'm extremely satisfied on how its going so far. I couldn't be happier. Oh and here's another pic of my "black interior corner" of my room. lol
BlackInteriorCorner.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Nice work, should be something badass when done.

You coming to Mustang Week this year?

Im not sure yet. I dont think im going to have the mustang done by mustang week. I may just save the money and dump it into the mustang so I can drive it down for 09. If anything, Im gonna be drivin the SHO down for three days or so. My buddies wanna go again but I just want to work on the new stang. :nice: :nice: :nice:

Nice, looks great.

Not to hi-jack your thread or anything but, my car is going to be getting bodywork done on it soon and I was wondering about those hole and filling them in. Can someone tell me what ones I can get them all filled in and what ones I need to leave?

Yea, before I started I took my 89 and parked it right outside the shop and made reference of what holes that Im going to have to keep and the only ones I'm keeping are the holes for the coil. Everyone else is useless! I will be getting an Intake that goes through the hole closest to the shock tower so that I can hide the MAF in the fenderwell as well. There are only a few holes that are going to be used on the rad support so I filled them in and the drivers side is getting all filled except for the ones that the windshield washer bottle use, otherwise they are all gettin filled. There are also a few on the firewall that are getting filled and smoothed. I'm also toying with the idea of doing something with the pinch weld on the firewall but I may just leave it. I can wait til next saturday so I can get more progress done to her! I'm addicted to it already! lol

HAH....what a j'er stang.looks good if you like to look at dog **** lol.i was thinkin about having this done to my car.i'll be sure to hit you up when i want my car to be turned into a hack piece of ****.keep up the **** work jesse haha.