Project 91 Lx: Tear down pics #2. S-Trim has arrived.

MustangOwner

Banned
Dec 13, 2006
Hey guys, well i'm almost done tearing down the front end besides the sway bar, steering rack, steering shaft, and a few more harnesses and so on. I'll be getting the 306 bottom end engine back either next week or the next one. THen i'll have to put the top end together and plop her back in the car and go get it dyno tuned. The whole front end of the car is getting painted(Hood,Cowl,fendrs,Bumper, and saleen front valance. I'm hiding all the wiring in the fenders and re-routing the brake lines under the cowl pinch. I got my V-1 S-Trim today also, very excited to get that baby installed.

As for the rearend i'm putting in a traction lok rebuild kit, new 5 lug stock length axles, Trick Flow rear end girdle and tons of other crap. Its just to long to make a list of parts i have or are coming. Pretty much everything is getting redone. Dropping the tank and putting in the new 255lp fuel pump and so on. Center Force clutch, flywheel, aluminum driveshaft and tons more.

I'm actually gonna leave off the saleen body kit until i get the car done and then put it back on. I want to see what the lx looks like without it.

Believe it or not this all started out to be a radiator and electric fan.... Wow ha. THen i decided to do the top end and then i was like jeez for another 1500 i can have a 306. Then it went from there to a V-1 S-Trim blower and now everything will be knew besides the block, timing chain cover and a few brackets. But EVERYTHING else new, Starter, 6G alt, power steering, heads, fuel lines, rails, intake, MAF, TB, everything.

When this is all done i'm gonna get the rest of the car repainted next springs and do a rear seat delete with a custom roll cage. Hopefully then i'll be done with the car. I might consider a Black interior conversion but i really like my grey and black and its all mint so i doubt i will. But who knows. When i get my engine back and everything else i'll snap a few more photos.

Enjoy!

Heres what started it all.....
View attachment 375949
View attachment 375950
View attachment 375951
View attachment 375952
View attachment 375953
View attachment 375954
View attachment 375955
View attachment 375956
View attachment 375957
View attachment 375958
Thats gonna take awhile to weld up those 30 million holes!
View attachment 375959
View attachment 375960
View attachment 375961
DSC03754.jpg

DSC03742.jpg

Superchager!
DSC03753.jpg

DSC03751.jpg

DSC03752.jpg

DSC03750.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

wow thats a lot of parts, whats your address again haha. looks like a good start though.
ha funny
oh i know, and thats not even all the parts.... I still got these coming....
AFM power pipe
EGR delete plate
Rear caliper brackets
switch panel
BF G-Force tires
42lb fuel injectors
SCT 90mm MAF
adaptor
Ultra clear headlights
chrome radiator mounts
battery cables
pushrods
pedals
Flowmaster 40 series mufflers
Autometer RPM shift light pills
Spark plugs
hood lift kit
moser axles
MSD 6Al ignition box
Baer Cross drilled and slotted 13, 11.65 rotors
Bear Track tie rod ends
and some more few random things like bulbs, gaskets, and so on....

My luck the car will be done just in time to put it away for winter! Maybe get a drive or 2 in it!

thats crazy man! alot of parts!

btw did you get a free liscense tag frame with your SC kit?

Yeah ha, i thought that was a pretty sweet frame, i'm puttin it on when i get my new plates. I'm getting specialized plates that say the amount of HP i'll have when i get it dynoed. Saw a vette that had that and thought it was pretty nifty.

Jeeze whad you do rob a bank? Gonna be sweet though

2 actually!