Push button start

89five.o

Jul 8, 2005
So I'm tired of trying to start my car with a damn screwdriver and since I've replaced pretty much everything I'm thinking about putting a push button in my car. It'll bypass my problem while I look for it and it would probably be pretty cool. What do you guys think and do any of you have a push button start? I can't figure out where I would mount it. Here's some buttons I've been looking at.

ae1b7jx.jpg

f21sbl0mf.jpg

Attachments

• ae1b7jx.jpg
    ae1b7jx.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 75
  • f21sbl0mf.jpg
    f21sbl0mf.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 87
  • Sponsors (?)

I like the first button the best. You could maybe mount it in the right hand side of the dash under the gauges, or in the shifter bezel.

If you don't want to make a hole and you want to return to the key ignition later, maybe pop out the cig lighter and hide it away in that hole. I think that'd be the best!

just wire up ur horn to be the push start! :nice:

of course... remember that its no longer a horn while ur at driving...

would hate to have that next a-hole pull out in front of you and instead of him getting the "HONK HONK" he hears the "SCCHRRECHCEHCECHCHH" of trying to start an already running car :rlaugh:

Yeah I also like the first button the most. The blue goes with the rest of my interior lights. I wanted to mount it in the area where the dummy lights are under the gauges but I dont want to make that panel useless. I like the cigarette lighter idea but I plan on putting my nitrous switches in there and I'll probably decide to keep the push button start if I put it in. Thanks for the input guys. Any other ideas?

Pretty sure it's a bad fusable link somewhere. I've changed the starter, clutch safety switch,neutral safety switch,ignition switch,starter solenoid and I think thats about it :D Electronics and wiring hate me! I'm definetely going to let someone else wire up all of my nitrous crap lol.

Yeah, if you can install one of those and a kill switch somwhere and never even have to use the key again I'd be totally up for putting on in my car. Someone on here once said that you'd still need the key for some reason even with the start button, but I don't know if they were correct or not.

The key does that and something else as well. Right now I have to have my ignition in the on position and cross the solenoid (or in my case the relay since I swapped to a mini starter) for the car to start. The push button would pretty much act just like crossing the relay. Appreciate the info as well jrichker !