Put what in the where and why???

The Fox

Mar 30, 2005
Port Elizabeth
Ok I'm running a pretty large duration cam with stock E7s and I also have 1.7 rockers which was my stupidest mod choice (shoulda added 1.6) The duration is 236. So if I'm not beinding valves than I shouldn't with any aftermarket heads right?

Also how do you do the clay test to check PV clearance. I'm thinking if aftermarket heads have stiffer valve springs than stock and I'll be using a slightly thicker head gasket (how much compression will I lose per mm if anyone knows an estimate)

By the way, I'm going with a 1.90 by 1.60 aluminum head. Can't decide between AFR 165 and EB Perfs. Money is an issue because I am making 7.79 oer hour :( and only get about 30-35 hours a week at best.

Thanks

Anthony

• Sponsors (?)

i checked my pv clearance by placing a head on with no gasket to give me a little extra. place some playdo or something to that extent on the piston. turn the motor over and check the thickness of putty with a dial caliper. i think the clearance is arround 80 to 100 thousands for a 302. i have no problems with bending push rods. hope that helps!!!!!!!!