putting a HUD in a fox...possible?

cenok is family

15 Year Member
Jun 25, 2003
Norman, Ok
i think it would be cool to get a heads up display unit installed in a fox. would this even be possible? like could you get the HUD unit out of a new z06 vette or something and wire it up in a stang? or are they directly tied into the instrument cluster or something? I was trying to think of some cool, unique things to do to a stang and this popped in my head. I know there's some electrical guru's on here that might know! :SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

idk it theres enough clearence in the dash for anything else to fit, that would be siick if someone could wire it up into a fox tho. Something i would pay someone to do cause its real classy IMO.

If it was intergrated into the dash: :nice:

If there is a obvious box on your dash: :notnice: or even RICE.

You'll have to get an aftermarket as ponypower said because pulling one out of a vette or grand prix or something will be next to impossible to make it work. Unless of cours you get the ECU out of the vette... and of course the engine as well. "So, why did you out the LS7 in your mustang" "I just wanted the HUD, so I had to" :D

If it was intergrated into the dash: :nice:

If there is a obvious box on your dash: :notnice: or even RICE.

You'll have to get an aftermarket as ponypower said because pulling one out of a vette or grand prix or something will be next to impossible to make it work. Unless of cours you get the ECU out of the vette... and of course the engine as well. "So, why did you out the LS7 in your mustang" "I just wanted the HUD, so I had to" :D

haha yeah i agree...i'm not trying to have some external box sitting on my dash bezel.

idk it theres enough clearence in the dash for anything else to fit, that would be siick if someone could wire it up into a fox tho. Something i would pay someone to do cause its real classy IMO.

yeah it'd be really nice and convenient. Not even because it's classy either, but a lot safer for driving, especially at WOT. :D