Quarter window molding covers

GroverDill

GoldMember
Founding Member
Aug 18, 1999
Demotte IN 46310
So I ordered them from rock auto they are cheap only 18 bucks per side. I know that they are kind of a half ass fix but I am not willing to put the money or effort into trying to re-hab or replace the existing ones. Do any of you guys have any real world experience with them? This is for the white 90 I just picked up that is more of a driver than the other one so I am working on a budget. I would love to see some real world pictures of these.

thanks guys.

• Sponsors (?)

They are garbage in my opinion. I had them on my car for a few months, they stuck out like a sore thumb. Spend $20 on some 240/320 grit sandpaper, filler primer (or bondo for large cracks), and some trim paint. Remove the 1/4 windows, sand, filler primer (or bondo) and repeat until smooth. Then spray with a quality black trim paint. You will love the results. Check out my thread on how I did mine.

Fox trim restoration - Sandhills Mustang Club Forum

the only ones I have ever seen in person didnt attach very well. looked good from a distance, but when you got close you could tell that the tape/glue or whatever they attach with sucked. I could only imagine they flap in the breeze at highway speed.

I have never used them so I dont know how well they fit and how well the adhesive will bond to the existing windows. I am sure like anything else, given the proper amount of effort you can make them look decent.

So the quarter molding covers from rock auto just arrived, while not the best fix if I can get them to stay on correctly I think they look better than the crappy pitted molding.
Badmolding1.jpg

cover1.jpg

Badmolding2.jpg

cover2.jpg

Im interested in these also, someone has a set on the local classifieds for cheap. Can you get a side pic from the rear or from the front that show how thick they are? Kind of hard to see that from the pics shown....thanks.

I don't have them on yet. I took the car to my buddy who does work on the side, he is working on it this week.

Pan hard install, parking brake cable install, door lock fix (something is bound up behind door panel) then trim and molding cover.

I left it up to him if he installs them or not as he was not real fired up on them, they would look OK just concerned about how well they will stay on.

Diving the ole z24 this week...

my dad had some installed in his 87 get really good quality tape.... of course when im driving it i look back and see them flapping in the wind like plane rudders. i had to pull over on the highway and take them off. They look nice im just saying get a good adhesive