Question about stock gears over lower ones...

getinaGTsoon

Founding Member
Sep 8, 2002
Arkansas
I would like to see if anyone knows what the torque increase from gears over an automatic stock car. my car is an 94 gt aode convertible .. starting with 3.55 how much torque is actually gained in numbers.. not just by feel.

• Sponsors (?)

TIMMY2734 said:
You do not gain any actual HP. HP is made by the motor. The gears just multiply the torque made by the motor

I didn't ask anything about HP gains because I know there isn't any... :bang: I was only asking about how much torque (in numbers) are gained by 3.55's 3.73's and 4.10's

None.....a gear change will not increase an engines ability to produce horsepower, or torque. The gear change makes more available what that engine is already producing and more effectively puts it to the pavement! It only feels like the car has more get up and go, when in all actuality, it’s just making better use of the power it already has. There are no real hard numbers that anyone can give you to describe the change. And depending what exactly is done to the car, each experience will be different.