Question about the convertible top

mwirth48

Aug 1, 2004
Hey guys I'm kinda new to the forum, been reading for a while but this is my first post. Anyways I had a question about the convertible. Does anybody have any information on wether or not it will be like a one touch powered top? Or will it be the stanard two latches ford's always had? Been looking around forever. If no one knows does anyone have a number I can call? And one last thing, any news on the 18 in. rims yet. They seem to have been a rumor. Thanx

• Sponsors (?)

mwirth48 said:
Hey guys I'm kinda new to the forum, been reading for a while but this is my first post. Anyways I had a question about the convertible. Does anybody have any information on wether or not it will be like a one touch powered top? Or will it be the stanard two latches ford's always had? Been looking around forever. If no one knows does anyone have a number I can call? And one last thing, any news on the 18 in. rims yet. They seem to have been a rumor. Thanx

The convertible top will be a latch system. It will not be fully automatic, i.e. one touch. I am very much a convertible guy and wish that this wasn't the case, but it is. They had a concept SN95 stang back in 02 or 03 that I saw that was fully automatic with an automatic hard cover. Lost half the trunk in that though so that they could make the automatic metal decklid. I thought, when I saw that, it was going to become an option on the 03-04, but – alas! - no automation. Nor on the 05. Sorry.