Question about valve covers for EFI 5.0s

Michael Yount said:
1) too many issues with the holes/pcv/oil filler

I thought those covers had knock-outs for the holes, so you could put them where you needed them. Couldn't you just use one of these instead of a breather?

tfs_51400800.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

uh, cevtv, what is that exactly? I am pretty sure those holes come pre-opened, no punch outs. That would be nice, but I think I might have figured it out. It's gonna be awkward as Mr Yount said, but sacrifices must be made...

It's the Trick Flow oil fill neck. It goes into a breather hole, and comes with an air tube nipple (that replaces the threaded plug on the side) so you can connect it to the throttle body.

This is from the Jegs description of the polished version: "Tall polished aluminum covers will clear roller rockers and stud girdles. Designed with knock out plugs for breather caps. Non-EFI."

http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=3560&prmenbr=361

Wasn't trying to suggest there weren't solutions -- just weren't any that I was willing to live with. Ultimately, I just went with a set of 93 Cobra covers. Certainly not as sexy, but they're functional (like a Volvo) and provide the clearance for my matching rockers. I'm sure there's a way to make the black/red ones work. And they'll look great.

after looking at my car, if th explorer intake doesn't sit any closer to the front end than the stock one, I'll have enough room to access the driver's side hole for oil filling. I'll just put in a low profile cap, and I'll put in the little adapter thing from FRPP on the pass. side and connect a hose to it behind the TB. I hope it works. I'll probably order these in a week or two.

I think it's do-able. Just takes a little flexibility. Tell you what. I'll go nuts trying to get them on, and when I figure it out, I'll tell you and then you can spare your sanity lol. I think we've come up with a solution though.

ford racing valve covers (non efi)

ok question question question. how can i get em to fit a fi mustang. ive got a 3/8's plenum space. will it work with those tall valve covers. or do i need to stop bein stingy and buy the 1inch.? but then im runnin a stock hood on my coupe will i have to worry about hood clearance...?? nebody help plzhttp://forums.stangnet.com/images/smilies/Damnit.gif
:Damnit:

Michael Yount said:
Wasn't trying to suggest there weren't solutions -- just weren't any that I was willing to live with. Ultimately, I just went with a set of 93 Cobra covers. Certainly not as sexy, but they're functional (like a Volvo) and provide the clearance for my matching rockers. I'm sure there's a way to make the black/red ones work. And they'll look great.

Mike, you know my favorite solution! View attachment 499314 part# M-6766-D302 from fordracingparts.com. Just put a plug on the driver's side VC like Rio posted in the past with this cap on the passenger's side and you're golden.
Tim