question for those who have tinted their own windows

• Sponsors (?)

No, no need to remove door panels. Mustang side windows are very easy. Some newbie tinters will pull the door panel off. Some will remove the rubber gasket between the door and the window. More experienced will just push the gasket downwards which will stay down till the tint dries and you roll the window down and back up.

Its just up to you how you would like to handle it. I have even heard of some beginner tinters removing the glass...

Go to an art supply store and get a linoleum roller. It's like a little paint roller but it's made of hard rubber. It works great for squeezing out all the air and getting a good tight bond between the glass and the tint. Squeegees can't put enough pressure on the tint to get a really good seal.

The side windows are fairly easy to do for a beginner, but I wouldn't recommend doing the rear window. It has a compound curve, which means you have to shape the tint on the outside of the window using a heat gun before applying it to the inside. The pros will do the window with one sheet, instead of using several smaller strips, so there's no danger to your defroster strips. A local shop did my rear window for $50, and it still looks great with no bubbles.

Perhaps I used too much soap? I got the back windshield done (it's a convertible or I wouldnt have tried) after the first sheet stuck to my head, seats, cat, pretty much everything, and I had to whip its a$$, I finally got it done with the second sheet. However you can see the soap stains, will this go away or did I mix too much soap with the water? I didnt measure it , just squeezed some Dawn in. Anyway, aside from that I am pretty happy with it, no worse than my friend who paid Zeibart $250 to do it.
No big deal to me to redo it, as it gives me something to do on my days off. Haven't done the sides yet, figured I would wait over night to see how the back makes out.
I used a lint roller w/ a cotton cloth wrapped around it, and a cassette tape with cotton to push out the bubbles, worked great.