Questions about BBK longtube headers

Sweet, one last question, what is the main difference between the x and h pipe? from what I've read here and there the h is supposed to be better? I've got a magnaflow x-pipe on my car right now and I've really enjoyed it...please let me know what you think

Gabe

• Sponsors (?)

rllndg17 said:
Sweet, one last question, what is the main difference between the x and h pipe? from what I've read here and there the h is supposed to be better? I've got a magnaflow x-pipe on my car right now and I've really enjoyed it...please let me know what you think

Gabe

The main difference is the sound. The xpipe will generally yield a few extra ponies while emitting a "NASCAR" type exhaust note. It's supposed to be more of an exotic sound.
xpipe.jpg

X PIPE ^
bh43_hpipe.jpg

H PIPE^

The h pipe will give you a deep muscle car rumble.

Check out www.mustangexhaust.com

Sound is subjective, and no one but you can determine which you like better.

Supposed the H yields more torque while the X more horsepower. I like the sound of both but wouldn't trade my o/r H for anything. It has a unique sound that I have yet to hear on any other mustangs. People know me by my exhaust

I live in CS Texas, 250 would be a sweet deal...Yeah, I was thinking about getting some exhaust tape for that chrome, I honestly don't care about rust I want HP and torque especially since most people won't notice the headers. I'm concerned about the heat, I've heard of people's starters frying because of the excessive heat? would that be true and would I need exhaust tape or not really...

rllndg17 said:
I live in CS Texas, 250 would be a sweet deal...Yeah, I was thinking about getting some exhaust tape for that chrome, I honestly don't care about rust I want HP and torque especially since most people won't notice the headers. I'm concerned about the heat, I've heard of people's starters frying because of the excessive heat? would that be true and would I need exhaust tape or not really...

VHT hi temp ceramic paint. Don't use header wrap, it'll cause it to rust.

Thx, I found some cans for about 10 bucks and it looks like I can get them pretty much anywhere so I'll do that. It says to put a few layers on so I'll definetly do that, any recommendations on the application process?

I have ceramic coated MAC LT's and love them. I have them hooked to a Dr. Gas x pipe along with pypes mufflers straight through design and would never change it out. High temp paint will burn ooff very quickly but put out the extra money and have them cermaic coated they will last 10x longer. LT's will give you extra power and at WOT your car will sound like it's on steriods. Very good investment if you have the extra cash. I will try and post a sound clip, but i can never seem to get the file to fit. Good luck i highly recommand the x pipe, since alot of stangs have h pipes and i like to stick out alittle.

Anthony