Questions about ordering an 05

thenarb

Oct 15, 2004
Went to a local dealership (Fairfield Ford) to go see an 05 today, they were asking 30k for it(2k market value adjustment). It was no big surprise that they were asking so much for it but what bugged me was what I was told when I talked to the fleet sales guy about custom ordering one.
Im pretty picky when it comes to my car so I know that im gonna have to order one and from what ive read here you normally get a really good price on the car when you order it. Not so in this case. The fleet salesman told me that even if i did order the car they would still tack on that $2k market adjustment onto the MSRP! Here's what really got me, when I asked about an X-Plan pin he told me that they werent accepting them. I dont know much about the different plans but I surely didnt think they could not accept them. I then asked that if by me ordering a car would it affect the number of cars they get from the dealership. He said yes, he said that if they are slated to get 3 cars that month and I order a car they will only get 2 that month. I think the dude was full of crap. How can that be? What if more people order a car in one month than they were slated to receive? If thats the case how can they put a date on the delivery of your vehicle? One more thing, if that was true then I wouldnt be able to order a car from a dealership not slated to receive any cars that month.
The whole thing seemed kinda shady, maybe its just me but none of what he told me makes any sense. They are a blue oval dealership and im pretty sure only blue oval dealerships in cali are the only ones getting cars in the showrooms right now. Which by what I was told means that I can only order a car from a blue oval dealership. :bs: God I hate that ****!! :mad:
Sorry for the long post. I thought I pretty much had all the bases covered as far as dealing with the sales people and knowing my stuff. Obviously not. If anybody has any info about ordering a car please let me know. And if you have any tips or things you learned or wish you had known before buying the car let me know.

Brandon

• Sponsors (?)

Run away from that crock very quickly! Run to a dealer who will get down to @ least 1k below MSRP. I HATE DEALERS! they gave me the same BS here...they didnt think i would go dealer to dealer (10 now) and make them fight for the prices. I am down to 26,600 for the fully loaded GT. Well see if theyll go lower soon!