Questions about the S-197 2005+ GTs

BlackenedSVT

Jan 18, 2004
New Jersey
I'm in the market for a 2005+ GT, I'm going to turn it into mostly a track car as I already have some plans for my next mustang project.

I have some simple questions for those of you with experience...

1) Is the midpipe of the S-197 interchangeable with the SN95 (99-04) body styles?

2) If I go with longtube headers, can the trasnmission still be pulled straight down in order to do a clutch swap? Or is it like the 99-04s stangs where if you have long tubes you need to remove the whole K-member in order to get the trans down?

3) I have a spare T-56 I might put in an 05+ model....anyone know where to get a custom bellhousing for that? And a custom driveshaft? Any good sites? Im thinking i might need a new trans mount too....

4) Any recommendations on blowers? I'm thinking FRPP/Whipple, just because I like the twin screw whipples :) What does anyone else like using?

5) Whos a good tuner in the northern NJ area. I typically used JDM, but want to try someone new.

• Sponsors (?)

1. Almost certainly not.

2. With a manual likely, but dependent on the headers. I'm pretty sure I could with mine.

3. I would give D&D a call, link

4. For ultimate power, the Whipple or KB are it, the KB mammoth is the biggest (2.8L). Saleen is a good unit, but will max out at ~650 RWHP. The Roush TVS is also a good unit, but is a roots blower and limited to about the same overall power numbers. I may go with the Magnacharger, but that's simply because out of the box it does what I want and it does it cheaper than the rest. (about 400 RWHP, more with my mods).

5. From everything I hear, JDM is an excellent tuner. Being in Texas, I can't help you there.
Dan