Questions about V6 T5's

reddy351

10 Year Member
Jun 13, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Hey guys. I am seriously considering a T5 swap into my 94 GT. I have a friend that has two 94-95 V6 Stangs that he is parting out. He told me that I can have "everything necessary" for the swap for $250. My question is this: Is the bellhousing/input shaft the correct length for the GT. I know that the 3.8 is a "lopped off" 5.0, but he says that he thinks the bellhousing won't work. He says that the starter hits the block on a 5.0, with the 3.8 bellhousing. :shrug:

Is there anything else I should consider when thinking about these parts? I've been told that the EXACT same T5 was used in the 3.8 cars as the 5.0's. Is this true?

Thanks in advance for the input!

:SNSign: :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

only thing you can use on the V6 for the T5 Swap is the Tranny Itself, Clutch Cable, Pedal Assembly, and the T5 Wiring Harness which just needs a few pins moved around. The Bellhousing need to be 5.0. Yes the 3.8 Bell will bolt up but places the starter to far away. V6 uses a 164 Tooth Flywheel instead of a 157. So you need a 94-95 Bell and Block Plate and your goood to go. The T5 is what most people called rated lower than the GT. I saw Hogwash. Mine did great behind a built 302 and 5-6K Clutch Drops on Slicks and a very sticky track. Also you can use the Shifter of course and Shift Cover for the console and lower boot. Forgot about those.

Danny