Quick expertise please!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jack Powell

Founding Member
Mar 12, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Ok i was wondering, i have been away for about 2 months haven' t started the car once. I live in Toronto so it is kinda cold. I have put the block heater on for about 2 days now. What should i do? Should i just start it?
Please any info would be good thanks
Jonathan Polakow :canflag: :flag: :canflag:

• Sponsors (?)

Jack Powell said:
Ok i was wondering, i have been away for about 2 months haven' t started the car once. I live in Toronto so it is kinda cold. I have put the block heater on for about 2 days now. What should i do? Should i just start it?
Please any info would be good thanks
Jonathan Polakow :canflag: :flag: :canflag:

If your oil is close to when it needs to be changed, I'd go ahead and do that now before you start the car. I have been away from mine for a month before, and it just fired it up......no problems. :D

Start it up and let it warm up slighty at idle and just be gentle for the first 10 miles or so.

No matter how you slice it, he's gonna have to start it sometime and even if you change the oil it's still going to not be through the engine when it starts.

My dad stores his 94 vert and my bro's 83 vert from Nov-April and starts them right up. No biggie, but I know he changes the oil right after that and makes sure to put new gas in as well as injector cleaner

Jack Powell said:
hasnty the piston sat in the same spot for too long??? the oil has all fell to the bottom of the oil pan and not coated any of the parts???

Keep in mind that there is no way 100% of the oil in your engine will drain to the bottom. Most oils also have additives that are designed to have "staying power". I would say you are fine unless you flushed or something prior to your last oil change 30 miles ago.

Bo