Quick Stereo Question

SjStang00

Feb 20, 2008
Florida
I'm putting a new HU into my 2000 GT. I have the mach 460 sound system amd im planning on using an "amp integration harness" to connect the aftermarket radio with the facotry amps. The only thing is im not sure which harness to order online. I found 2 different possibilites and I think the first one is the right one.

http://www.installer.com/item/display_item.php?it=70-5510

and

http://www.installer.com/item/display_item.php?it=70-5511

If anyone knows what the right one is or has done this before please let me know what I can do to get the best sound of of my car thanks, SjStang.

• Sponsors (?)

I took a look at the thread and it seems right, but mines a 2000 and one of the replys on the thread was "would this setup work on a 2000?" and he replied he wasnt sure, so I was wondering if anyone had worked on a 2000 with a mach system.

I beleive both of those are the same harness,One just has the leads and the other has RCA plugs....notice the difference in the part numbers.I would say that its probably the right harness,the one for my 01 gt was alot different(fatter)but the one in the mach is similar to the ones in the link(mach is the same as other models).If your not sure which you need just call best nuy or circuit city and tell them what you need,they will give you the part number for a Metra Harness of which looks to has the same type part numbers and they are about $20.

Id get teh second one. I always just ran new wires and bypassed the stock amps on 2000 earlier Stangs cause we always did new speakers too, thats how I did mine. Newer ones have seperate leads for the mids/highs and the 01+ decks power the tweets/mids and pre-amp level for the 6x8 "subs". Was a much better sounding combo and id use the Metra kit with RCAs. But since the older Mach systems work a little different id use the speaker level harness to drive everything. Just make sure if you have a deck that has a "beep" everytime you press a button the beep is turned off or all the way down :nice:

Also, no matter what they claim no deck out makes more than 22 watts RMS and thats Alpines and Pioneers.

Well im not trying to bypass the stock amps, i want to keep the speakers. Theyre really good and im not trying to spend even more money lol. I talked with a guy at circuit city and he said the 5510 should be the right one, si i just ordered it and hopefully it will get the job done. Thanks for the input guys.

Well im not trying to bypass the stock amps, i want to keep the speakers. Theyre really good and im not trying to spend even more money lol. I talked with a guy at circuit city and he said the 5510 should be the right one, si i just ordered it and hopefully it will get the job done. Thanks for the input guys.
What stereo do you have? Youll loose output if its pre amp is too low :shrug:
It will prolly work just fine, if your highs dont work right just PM me and ill walk you through the fix :nice:

Cant ever go wrong with Pioneer :nice: With a sub and sub amp it will sound killer! Set the high pass at 80 hz and the sub at 100 hz. You can turn the bass down on the EQ and use the bass adj feature for the sub and the system will really get loud and clear :rock:

Pioneer in the last three years has produced some of the best units out. Ive installed 100s of them all and IMO its Pioneer>Alpine>Kenwood>Eclipse>Clarion>Blaupunkt>Sony>Dual
Their are some exceptions but on under $400 decks thats how its been :shrug:
Early 2000 and late 90s Pioneers went down but they got alot better now :nice: