Quick Wheel Questions!!!

93GreenLX

Founding Member
Aug 22, 2002
Southern Maryland
Looking at getting some Ford Racing 17x8 Chrome Cobra R wheels.
1. These should fit with no rubbing problems straight out of the box and right on the car right?
2. What profile tire fits best to go with the car?
3. Don't really want to lower the car (I'm 6'5") will the car look right with 17's and not lowered?

Thanks Nikk

• Sponsors (?)

It will sit pretty high off the ground when you put them on you should lower it a little bit. Mine is lowered a inch and a half and you cant tell with the rims on. You wont have no rubbing problems. Mine are 17x8 you can check it out in mustang talk theirs a link i also have video if you would like to see. Have any other questions feel free to ask.

i got 17x8 and 17x9 in the back im running 255/40/17's all round i find the 255/40 to be the same size as 245/45/17's but most people use the 245/45. theres also AFSwheels.com , if you search "AFS wheels 4" on ebay you can find them cheap. i got mine for 825 shipped with tires. i can get a pic of my car if you want to see what they look like. and if you get the ones from ford make sure you get the 4lug unless you did a 5lug swap and make sure there the right offset for the fox body.

The wheels will fit, but tire fitment is questionable. I guess since you have a 91+, you have the bigger fenderwell, so I would go with a 245-45-17. Stock overall height, and you know they will match the wheels well because all stock 17" wheels are 8" wide and come with a 245-45 tire.

93GreenLX said:
Looking at getting some Ford Racing 17x8 Chrome Cobra R wheels.
1. These should fit with no rubbing problems straight out of the box and right on the car right?
2. What profile tire fits best to go with the car?
3. Don't really want to lower the car (I'm 6'5") will the car look right with 17's and not lowered?

Thanks Nikk

I've seen this done, you got my ponys beat :bang:

Only thing is it may rub when you make a very sharp turn. My Ponys does this on my 93' LX, its stock height also. I've been to busy to put the limiters on the rack & pinion :)