race harnesses

Teen'93stang5.0

Founding Member
May 26, 2002
winning
ok, its stupid to have em when im not pushin into the 11s yet, but everyone knows they look badass no matter what you want to say on here

so yeah, the GF wants to get some for me for christmas, but i have no clue where to tell her to get em. any websites yall know of that sells em for a decent price. just a good 5pnt harness that i dont have to have a cage/bar to install

• Sponsors (?)

Here are my 4 point Scroth's they are DOT legal. They mount to the rear lap belt anchor points...obiviously back seat is now useless, I need to get a rear seat delete.

seats1.jpg

Teen'93stang5.0 said:
ok, its stupid to have em when im not pushin into the 11s yet, but everyone knows they look badass no matter what you want to say on here

so yeah, the GF wants to get some for me for christmas, but i have no clue where to tell her to get em. any websites yall know of that sells em for a decent price. just a good 5pnt harness that i dont have to have a cage/bar to install

I have the schroth 4pts too, got from subesports.com. I have Cobra daytona seats but you can get a decent recaro for 400. Don't by a fixed position seat either, get something adjustable. Plan on buying the seat bracket and sliders as well. As far as mounting goes, I mounted the upper harness down the back of the seat to the rear stock seat mounting bolts. It is not what the instructions say to do but f-it you can still use the back seat and the front seats still tilt forward. I would highly recommend saving up and getting seats you want. They make the car so much more fun to drive!! You will thank yourself every second you are in the car, best mod ever, no bs!!

yeah, i dunno though, i didnt see that those 4pnts come in 3" webbing, not a big deal tho.....

but the sthroth's have a little release on them dont they? so that you can unhook them from the back seat and still have it functioning

Silizin... WOW...mounting your harnesses like that is extremely dangerous...in a head on accident having your harnesses like that can result in spinal compression...basically your body tries to go forward and the resulting energy causes your belts to literally crush your vertebre...big price to pay just to use the back seat.(just my .02 cents it is your car and your body).

Just dont want to see anyone get hurt

Teen..you are correct on 2inch width...and yes they have a release in case you really wanted to get to the back seat.( you can purhcase them with straight strap with no realease if you like..they are the same price)

notice correct mounting points are the rear LAP belt anchor points under the rear seat. You should also make sure the angle from your shoulder to the anchor points is not great than 90 degrees, to avoid the problem described above.

harness_achor%20points.gif

sp would there be a problem mounting them under that leather like bulkhead at the top of the seats that comes off? my teacher has his mounted there, (sthroth 2" 4 point, same as im getting) and i was wondering A.) which is easier to mount to, and B.) which is stronger?

I live in Ca just like subesports. Ground shipping for me was like 60 bucks, but that was for the seats, belts, brackets, everything. Belts only, anywhere in the us should not be more than 12 bucks. Check out their website and give them a call they are super cool. lates