Racing video 09-11-10

Here is a video of my best run yesterday. It was my first time to the track in 3 years and first 1/4 mile since I put in the stroker in my sig. There is a 1/8 mile 15 minutes from my house so I go there a lot rather then driving 1 hour plus to get to any of the 3, 1/4mile tracks Mason-Dixon, Maplegrove or Beaversprings.

It was the worst day I have ever had at the track. First run I missed 2nd and ended with a 13.63@95mph w/2.003 60ft. I had to shift into OD at the 1000ft mark. Next run was worse with 2nd gear missed 2 times, I ran it out in 4th and crossed at 6700rpm. Found out after that run that my shifter stop was loose causing it to jumpout/miss 2nd. 3rd run was the best [email protected] w/2.07 60ft. Red lighted in the first round and shifter stop screwed out again, I didn't have tools to tighten it with.

It was fun and I got to see some nice cars including a blue fox that put it on the bumper 5 out of 6 runs. But depressing, I screwed up my tune somewhere in the last 3 years. Last time I ran it went 7.80@95mph in the 1/8 but the best yesterday was 8.7@83mph

YouTube - PICT0036

• Sponsors (?)

Track elevation is 555ft.

I know there is a lot left in it, like I said it ran 1/2 second faster 3 years ago and the only thing I have changed is fuelpump/tank, the tune and went from 275 Nitto's to 315 Nitto's. Not to mention being rusty and nervous. It really annoys me that every time I'm at the track I'm so nervous I can barely drive.

I'm going to reload my old tune with Caledit and see what the SOTP meter tells me. Starting to think something happened when I read the old caledit tune off the tweecer with Binary Editor. Then run at the 1/8 mile track until I get some 28 inch tall tires to see if that helps the gear issue. I will not be changing gears until I put the turbo on it.

Sounds like your clutch is slipping. Crossing the line at 6700 in 4th should be in the 118-120mph range with 4.10's.

I never even thought of that although I find it hard to believe it is slipping a stage 3 RAM clutch. I'm using the factory tach so it could be off on the rpm. I'll have to hook up my big tach again or run a datalog next time I race. There is a test and tune in 2 weeks I may go to that just for practice.

Edit*** found part of my problem. I must have bumped the switch for the tweecer, it was running on the factory tune.

I reloaded my old tune with caledit and the car ran totally different. Idles good KAMRF's are hovering from .990 to 1.010. I took it for a spin and it was a totally different car. Came back read the tune with Binary Editor and saved it, reloaded with a datalog payload and it ran the same as with caledit. I used Binary Editor's dragstrip app and it ran a 8.3 at 94mph with a 2.3 60ft. It spun a little when I hit second so I'm sure the time is off a little but the MPH is 10 faster then anything I ran saturday.

I don't know if I accidentally read the eec when I first got binary editor or what happened. But the car is way better now. Still not going back to the 1/4 mile until I get 28" tires and figure out if the clutch is slipping. Is there any way to test if the clutch is slipping? I don't smell clutch at all during/after the run. It only has 5k miles on it and is supposed to handle 650hp.

That's good it was something simple.

Just guessing, if it spins when you hit 2nd then the clutch probably isn't slipping. However, based on stock tire size, 1.00:1 4th gear ratio, and 4.10 rear gear, you should be at ~123-125 at 6700 rpm. Did you install your other tach to test with? Are you sure it wasn't 5700(typo)? Because that would put you right in line with your trap speeds...

I haven't installed my tach yet. I do remember the factory tach being off by 300 or so rpm when I had a another tach hooked up. Going to try to get the tach hooked up tonight.

EDIT****
Got the tach hooked up and the factory tach is about 400RPM's to high at 2500rpm. Who knows how far off it is if any up higher. That makes me feel better about the clutch. I think I will put new plugs/cap/rotor on it before going back to the track. It started to break up on the last run of the day about 5500rpm. 2 runs in 4th gear where 103.5 and 104.19mph. When I shifted into OD it was a lot slower 97-98mph