Rack & Pinion Help

ronb116

Jun 2, 2015
R&P.png
R&P1.png
R&P2.png
Hey guys thanks for the add. I don't have a mustang but I do have a 49 Anglia with what I'm told a Mustang ll front end. Would somebody be able to confirm that with these pictures? Thanks for any help.

• Sponsors (?)

Hello, not exactly sure what we're looking at, but that does not appear to be a Mustang II rack & pinion due to its dimensions. There are a lot of variation of Mustang II suspensions... many aftermarket companies have roughly copied the design. To help you identify what you have, a picture of the control arms / shocks / cross-member would be more effective. You can also just google for pics of Mustang II front suspensions.

Generally what you'll have are upper & lower control arms, with a captive spring between the lower control arm and the cross-member. A shock goes through the spring, the spindle holds the disc brakes and connects to the rack & pinion steering. Strut-rods are connected to the lower control-arm, or a gusset welded to the cross-member to add lateral stability. Stabilizer end-links are also connected to the lower control-arms.

Hello, not exactly sure what we're looking at, but that does not appear to be a Mustang II rack & pinion due to its dimensions. There are a lot of variation of Mustang II suspensions... many aftermarket companies have roughly copied the design. To help you identify what you have, a picture of the control arms / shocks / cross-member would be more effective. You can also just google for pics of Mustang II front suspensions.

Generally what you'll have are upper & lower control arms, with a captive spring between the lower control arm and the cross-member. A shock goes through the spring, the spindle holds the disc brakes and connects to the rack & pinion steering. Strut-rods are connected to the lower control-arm, or a gusset welded to the cross-member to add lateral stability. Stabilizer end-links are also connected to the lower control-arms.

OK, thanks for the info. I'll try to take better pictures of the rest of the suspension.