Racoon - 1 Mustang - 0

Vista_Stang

Oct 18, 2007
Well on my way to work yesterday morning my Aggressive Chin Spoiler, which I found out doubles as a roadkill shovel, scooped up a 20lb racoon at 40 mph and threw it into the power steering lines, a/c condensor, and the radiator. Upon hitting all of that, it survived and found a way to crawl out on one of the sides of the lower air dam and I am guessing eventually died.

$1200 dollars later I have to get the spoiler painted, and the above mentioned replaced, but on the bright side I get the little curb check incident fixed on the CDC spoiler.

Just thought I would share that with anyone who may have a CDC Aggressive Spoiler, be careful.

55553d1220635423-racoon-1-mustang-0-wreck-4a.jpg

Attachments

• Wreck 4A.jpg
    Wreck 4A.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 174
  • Sponsors (?)

the good thing about all that is you can fix it yourself, and send just the spoiler out for repair. keep all that labor in your pocket.

WOW! A racoon literally fit in that opening? People put mesh to protect their condenser from large debris, meaning rocks. You must need some to protect it from animals. And that sumbitch did some damage. Is the core support bend where the condensor bolts to it?

We aren't sure if the support is bent at this point, I have to wait til the front gets pulled off to see any lower damage.

Besides my condesor and stuff, I wonder what was going through that things head when it got "scooped" up off the road in mid-stride....