Radio wire help

ilovestangs

Apr 8, 2004
Im hard wiring a new cd play in my 87 2.3L coupe but I don't know what wire are what. Theres 10 wire which are:

Red (thick)
Yellow/black (thick)
Green/Yellow
Green (only one with power)
Red/White
Black/Blue
Black/White
Purple/White
Pink/Blue
Pink/Black
Blue/Purple

I SERIOUSLY need help as I have NO idea as to which are which. Any info would be so so so appreciated! Thanks :)

• Sponsors (?)

That would be awesome if you could check what wires are what man! :hail2:

And 89mustangGX I'm a noob and I impatiently cut the wires from the plug before the thought occured to me I should've waited and sought out an adapter.

one of us is color blind because i have different colors in my car.
-from your new player-
1.white
2.white/black
3.green
4.green/black
5.purple
6.purple/black
7.gray
8.gray/black
i had circut city do it about 2 years ago.....the factory plugs got cut off. i hope this helps-factory wire colors-
1. orange
2.green/yellow
3.pink/green
4.pink/blue
5.pink/blue
6.green/yellow...different then first
7.white/green
8.blue/white
just match the numbers up then it should work? and the red goes to red...turn on yellow goes to yellow...fused and power. and black goes to black..ground.

ilovestangs said:
And 89mustangGX I'm a noob and I impatiently cut the wires from the plug before the thought occured to me I should've waited and sought out an adapter.

Coming from someone who's bought cars like that before -- the easiest and IMO best way to go would be to put the plugs back on and get an adapter. It makes things much cleaner and neater.

89MustangGX said:
Coming from someone who's bought cars like that before -- the easiest and IMO best way to go would be to put the plugs back on and get an adapter. It makes things much cleaner and neater.

I already cut the plugs from the wires though...

OK--u know which ones the power wires are--so avoid those when doing the followning...

get a small battery 9-volt or a d-cel or even battery from power drill(preferred)...

and get one wire attach to the positive....then go through the other wires and see which one of them makes the speaker make a noise...u now have the wires for 1 pair---keep those separated...grab another wire on positive--and go through the others the same way...sounds goofy but is easy way..when u don't have the plug or a wiring diagram....good luck...