Random Clutch Cable "bind"

Discussion in 'Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech' started by Spaz, Nov 14, 2013.

1. So I went out to go to work the other day on the 1st cold day of the year (30's), and when I pushed my clutch in, in didn't really want to come back up. It did but very slowly. I pushed it in a few times and it "loosened" up a bit. I drove it to work the last couple days with no problems shifting or anything. Other than seeming to be a little tight when 1st starting until it warms up. Mostly stock '92 LX 5.0. I drove it all last winter with no problems. I didn't do anything immediately prior to this happening. So what would cause a "binding" cable out of the blue with absolutely nothing done and having no problems previously. For the heck of it I ordered a new cable/aluminum quadrant/FWA in case I need them, but I'm curious if this happened to anyone else.

2. if it's the original cable, could be stretched. The fact that is is cold out could also cause the cable/sheathing to be stiffer. For a replacement cable, get either a MM or Steeda cable and firewall adjuster.

3. I ordered a Steeda setup, hopefully it will work out because I have read a lot things over the years the the Ford cable is the best. We'll see