RANT - OT and long, but important: One of the reasons I'm not on here as often...

The fact of the matter is any browser is (for the most part) just as secure as the one using it. I gamble online and use IE. I used to have a problem with spyware, then I just figured out how everything needs to be set up to stop it. It's really not that hard once you are rid of everything to start over and really keep it out for good. That said, spyware is total BULL*****. How come congress can write legislation overnight that takes away the people's rights (the patriot act) but they can't manage a bill in several years to stop companies from installing malicious software that damages our property????

--Jason

• Sponsors (?)

Buddha, all we got from BankOne was a :shrug: and an offer to drop the card - which we did, and did not get a new card (from them :rolleyes: ) again. BTW, the two concerns from which we made the orders both asked for the "three digit secret code" at the end of the cardnumber as printed across the sig line on the back of the card. So that "secret code" was entered in (and "mined" and sent out) as well.

By the way - Expedia sent me an email saying that they have a few leads that they're sharing with the FBI (Interstate Wire Fraud is the charge - hee hee) and maybe I'll have some stuff to throw back at BankOne and Visa. :nice:

As far as using "real" credit cards vice debit cards online.... I'm kinda liking this "prepaid debit card" I'm using. I'll even pass along the card number (and "secret code") - right after I'm finished ordering enough stuff to draw the balance back down to about $8-10 later tonight :D :D :D

USU_Stang; the fun part of setting really tight security is that a lot of your "normal" sites will bomb out until you release a few paprameters for those particular sites. F'rinstance; I've now set a bunch of custom permissions in IE6 as well as Spybot, SpyBlaster and Ad-Aware to let Stangnet run "nominally" freely.

Still Dreamin'

USU_Stang said:
so...do you think it is good that congress voted on the patriot act without even reading it?

--Jason
Haven't you heard... reading is so "yesterday". Because of the infinite amount of fine print on everything today and the plethora of excellent impecable sources of information and shear volume of people of such great qualification willing to give their opinions on everything on the internet, it isn't necessary to actually read anything now... simply log on, google whatever, and you're sure to get a perfectly accurate summary covering all the relevant points. :rolleyes:

Boy, I hope my sarcasm came through in that... otherwise :doh:

DarkBuddha said:
Haven't you heard... reading is so "yesterday" Because of the infinite amount of fine print on everything today and the plethora of excellent impecable sources of information and shear volume of people of such great qualification willing to give their opinions on everything on the internet, it isn't necessary to actually read anything now... simply log on, google whatever, and you're sure to get a perfectly accurate summary covering all the relevant points. :rolleyes:
Actually, they're waiting for the TV Movie of the Week! :rolleyes: