Rattle near AC vents.

Kyle-02GT

May 21, 2003
Now that the weather seems to be getting colder I'm noticing a rattle near the center AC vents when under moderate accel when its cold (around 3500-4000 rpms). Its a pretty loud noise just wondering if anyone had the same problem it didn't do it when the weather was better. Thanks in advance...

• Sponsors (?)

on my 01 GT they replaced the adjustable center a/c vent(console) and it helped,but did not completely fix the problem.And I no longer had adjustable vents.Just remove the trim console and add some weatherstriping or silicone.My mach 1 has a slight rattle too.

8cyl said:
Man you took your car to the dealer for rattling vents...I hate the dealer. Mine rattled, so I took it apart and fixed it. Down with the Dealer!!!

Yeah the dealer might suck but I'd rather have them screw something up/break something then if i do it...

Mine used to rattle from my exhaust resonating (gotta love it :D )

It was the bezel that goes around the vents and radio.

I just went out and got several small pieces of black felt and kind of crammed them in around the bezel. You can't see them and now you can't hear my bezel either! :nice:

Premium Speed said:
so, how did you fix it?

I got a tube of "goo" and glued the vent piece to the frame part that goes around the radio and stuff. The vents are a seperate piece that is poorly attached to the frame and it rattles...actullay most of the interior of my car rattles....but what are you gonna do??